Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
    What a joke.

So some bureaucrat in DoD or DHS noticed that most of the draft board positions are unfilled.

Gee, maybe because everyone knows there'll never be one, and the positions are unpaid, but you have to submit to a background check, do 12 hours of "training" and four hours of followon "training" each year, and thats' IT? It's a meaningless tits on a bull position, that's why they're never filled.

But in this era of cross every i and dot every t bureaucratic thoroughness when it comes to "national security," somebody probably had to report to his supervisor, so he could report to his supervisor, why are 75% of these "national security related community positions" unfilled?

You'd be amazed at some of the wasteful stuff DHS is doing, and there are study contracts out there for almost everything. Same with DoD. This is nothing more than bureaucratic nonsense so that somebody can fill out a report.
    This sounds like this might be the case.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Stop blatantly plagiarising, Michael.

Comment

You remind me of that green alien chick on the looney-bin planet in one episode of the original Star Trek.

Reciting "her" poetry to Kirk and Spock -

Looney-bin planet warden: "You wrote THAT? That was written on earth centuries ago by William Shakespeare."

Green alien chick: "Well, that doesn't change the fact that I wrote it again yesterday."

When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Unless the number of supporters is 100%, the system remains unfair and tyrannical.

Nope, it's called society.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well in that case, I didn't even write it. I ctrld it, in a more accurate sense

Comment

When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Why only a draft? You should introduce a full conscription for both genders
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

If you wanna argue against DF, just mention that he goes to a public university. He will then say that it is his right to recoup the money that was stolen from him. When he says that, you have him trapped, because then you say that unemployement benefits is not theft, because you are just recouping the money that was stolen from you.

Bingo. Hypocracy in action.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

And you think taxes are bad here... wait until you see what Canada's are like... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
                    Wait till you see what health care, education and social services are like too !

I'm sure Canada will again provide refuge for conscientious objectors (or rogue drag queens, as the case may be.)
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

Oh, because the tyrants in the Canadian government don't allow people to contract freely with others, and to dispose of their own property as they see fit?
                      Big pharma can simply refuse to sell to Canadian distributors. No problem.

Moreover, if big pharma sells directly to the Canadian govenment then pharma IS in fact freely contracting.
                      - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                      - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                      - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

we already have a thread on this. of course that thread was locked. It didn't look like a troll to me.

There have been a lot of selective service commercials on the radio lately.

I'm getting really scared. Our president has gone psycho!

Of course I have already done my time, so that doesn't concern me

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                          Unless the number of supporters is 100%, the system remains unfair and tyrannical.

Nope, it's called society.
                          good point. I think what David needs is to live in a shack in Montana all by himself. That way he would never have to pay taxes and not contribute to society in any way.

It is called society. We depend on each other for survival.

Comment

I'm going to ask you to restrain your terminology David Floyd. The right to life does not generally apply to prescription drugs unless they are required for the life of the patient.

If they improve the health, then that's great, but the rationale would not be a 'right to life,' but proper treatment and care.

Yes, please come to Canada.

Are higher taxes less important than serving your nation according to libertarianism?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky

Wait till you see what health care, education and social services are like too !

I'm sure Canada will again provide refuge for conscientious objectors (or rogue drag queens, as the case may be.)
                              you see this is where I agree with David.

I don't give 2 ****s about health care (as I never get sick), I don't give 2 ****s about education (never helped me any), and I don't give 2 ****s about social services- totally unnecessary. These services are designed for women and pussies who are afraid to take care of themselves and want big daddy goverment to do it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                we already have a thread on this. of course that thread was locked. It didn't look like a troll to me.

There have been a lot of selective service commercials on the radio lately.

I'm getting really scared. Our president has gone psycho!

Of course I have already done my time, so that doesn't concern me
                                For 2002, about 50,000 potential volunteers were turned down for various reasons other than disqualification - i.e. their desired MOS' were filled up, they were lower on the test scores than currently required, or were non-HS graduates and thus lower category applicants.

If Congress wants more bodies (need to first reactivate units to put them in), it can simply raise the authorized number of new recruits for FY2004 or FY2005, to take up some of that excess applicant slack. The facilities don't exist (nor do the units) to handle the number of would-be volunteers that we turn down now.

Comment

Working...
                                X