No announcement yet.

Which Apolytoners do you respect most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but no one else pm's me - I'm not gonna take a hint, I want an engraved fvcking letter.

-30-

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

hmm

I should include DanS and Adam Smith on my list

Jon miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

David Floyd, Ramo, Ben Kenobi, and Giant Squid for being thoughtful and polite in the face of malevolent forces (while there are a number of polite people, they don't get into potentially heated debates enough to see just how polite they can remain ).

MtG for overall knowledge (I'm reluctant naming any mods but I'm sure Ming and Rah will agree the walking encyclopedia deserves recognition).

Wraith for pithy and short responses (Unfortunately he's resigned himself to occasional anime threads).

Adam Smith will always catch my attention regarding economics.

I respect many posters, but if I had to pick a few, these are the people.

Comment

Che, J. Miller, Boris, Tassader, Spiff, UR, Imran, Kidicious, Oerdin, Ted Striker, Lancer.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I did not expect to find my name here - and I didn't.

Well, I respect Aeson, Velocyrix and Sir Ralph - 3 of the best CIV3 players in the world. And a number of others.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I won't be giving any names.. I respect lots of folks here.. and for various of reasons, so I'd forget to mention many of the them, plus I'd be categorizing people of different reasons I respect to one category, so that won't really work.

Let's just say it's hard for me to think of a person here that I wouldn't respect in some level. I have more respect for some than others, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like the others.

But to mention few things that gives my respects are being logic at all (or at least at most) times, and not contradicting it all the time. Ability to debate with in the rules of proper debating. Ability to stand the heat of discussion without making it too personal. Ability to debate, but if you are proved wrong, you will either accept it and give credit to the other ones, or at least not follow the same patterns that will lead to the same fault that was just proven wrong.

Ability to debate and discuss even after you have learned some personal things of the other one, and not let it bother you when talking about facts, if those things do bother you. Ability to not judge the book by its covers. Ability to avoid judging all together. Ability to give another chance for someone to prove themselves again after serious dislikings. Ability to be honest with opinions, and not be afraid of what others will think of it.
                And ability to crush them all if you need to get physical .
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

MgT, Irman, Ted Stirker, Spfifor
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    When I come near this thread, all I can hear are the slurps from arselicking and fellatio

Gets you excited, eh?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Oh, I also respect Chegitz for being one of the few Apolytoners who can bring up reputable sources on questionable decisions of the Bush administration from other than the Onion.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

That's okay guys, you can say me...I won't get bigheaded.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I respect lots of people, apolytoners among them.

Are person has to be a real bastard for me to NOT respect them.
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

Re: Which Apolytoners do you respect most?

Originally posted by skywalker
                              Which Apolyton posters do you think well of? I personally respect Spiffor, MtG, and Velocyrix and Imram for the way they post on the forums. They never seem to get mad, don't act irrationally, and always present their arguments logically. Even when I disagree with them, they're civil ...and especially Troll. I look up to Him the most. Which posters (in the OTF) do you respect?

(NOTE: I'm not saying I don't respect or dislike other people; it's just that those four have made a special impression on me.)
                              I like this version better..now that I have my name here!!

(VERY SHAMELESS PLUG..sorry!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: Re: Which Apolytoners do you respect most?

Originally posted by Troll

I like this version better..now that I have my name here!!

(VERY SHAMELESS PLUG..sorry!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                                ...And since he refers to you as "Him" with a capital "H" we can assume that your'e not only respected, but actually worshiped.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X