prove to me that communism isn't immoral as heck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO
    What about the individual that has great ability and little need? What would the commies call him, if not a slave, under this ludicrous statement.
    Your error is your ingrained capitalistic worldview, which makes you assume that everything you do must have a price tag, to be exchanged for material compensation for yourself.

To look at this a bit further, most people's capability to produce goods are pretty much within a narrow spectrum, esp. when high degrees of automation is involved.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
      "Desires"? why desires? People invariably want more than they have, in fact, usually more than they can get under their current life. Desire is a fine endless line to unhappiness. The Buddhist are right when it comes to desire.
      Okay...To each according to their wants, from each according to their 'want to'"
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Why would a human being not want to work to the full potential of their ability? In theory, there is one thing people are really good at, which also is what they would be happiest doing. This one thing though might not be an occupation which is profitable or capable of meeting their basic needs in a system which does not supply everyone with their basic needs. So how is it better to have a system were you might NOT be able to find true happiness doing what you are best at and happiest at becuase you must sacrifice that in order to take a profitable job? This in essence was part of Marx's romanticism....the idea he put forward of ebing ablt to do anything at any time of the day without having to worry about meeting your substinance, or how much you labor would fetch on the open market.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Your error is your ingrained capitalistic worldview, which makes you assume that everything you do must have a price tag, to be exchanged for material compensation for yourself.

To look at this a bit further, most people's capability to produce goods are pretty much within a narrow spectrum, esp. when high degrees of automation is involved.
          Baloney! Most people's abilities? Who do you exclude from the "most people" in a communist society. What about the person who can produce more (or less)?

In addition, every persons work does produce value...and that value differs greatly. I have been managing people for over 15 years and the one thing I know for sure is that their production levels vary drastically. How does a communist society reconcile this?

Further, How are each persons "needs" defined and who does the defining?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Why would a human being not want to work to the full potential of their ability? In theory, there is one thing people are really good at, which also is what they would be happiest doing. This one thing though might not be an occupation which is profitable or capable of meeting their basic needs in a system which does not supply everyone with their basic needs. So how is it better to have a system were you might NOT be able to find true happiness doing what you are best at and happiest at becuase you must sacrifice that in order to take a profitable job? This in essence was part of Marx's romanticism....the idea he put forward of ebing ablt to do anything at any time of the day without having to worry about meeting your substinance, or how much you labor would fetch on the open market.
            Marx was a romantic. Unfortunately, he was not a realist. What I am best at is sitting on a boat on the lake, drinking beer, and talking football. If Communism will give me this, then lets talk.

Comment

Marx was a romantic. Unfortunately, he was not a realist. What I am best at is sitting on a boat on the lake, drinking beer, and talking football. If Communism will give me this, then lets talk.
              Fisherman, beer taster. (yeah, alright... a stretch ) and sports commentator.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I don't think Marx ment EVERYTHING. not everyone can be president of the US. Don't take a mile if we give you inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

I don't think Marx ment EVERYTHING. not everyone can be president of the US. Don't take a mile if we give you inch.
                  I'm willing to settle for a small boat

Comment

I think the basic questions are these:

Would you do what you do now if no one paid you to do it?

What would you do even if no one paid you to do it?

Comment

I think the basic questions are these:

Would you do what you do now if no one paid you to do it?

What would you do even if no one paid you to do it?
                      What i do now is hard. It pays very well, but it is incredibly stressful. I do enjoy what I do, but I don't know anyone in my industry that would do it for no pay.

In answer to your second question...I really will settle for a small boat

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        As far left as I strive to be,
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think the proleteriat dictatorship can afford to give you a boat..will a 20 footer do? With or without sails?

Comment

I think the proleteriat dictatorship can afford to give you a boat..will a 20 footer do? With or without sails?
                            No sails please.

*PLATO sells his political soul *

Comment

If all conversions were so simple....

Comment

COuldnt one argue that capitalistic society is immoral as heck too because some people will be "enslaved" to work?

This topic is boring. Lets talk about Baseball playoffs!
                                :-p

Comment

Working...
                                X