prove to me that communism isn't immoral as heck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prove to me that communism isn't immoral as heck

Here's your chance. Explain why what I'm about to say is wrong.

Communism is immoral, because it is slavery. I produce a commodity, my labor. I sell that commodity in exchange for money. If you require that I give that money to other people who have less money, then you are really requiring me to give my labor, without compensation, to them. Thus, I am their slave. Slavery is immoral.

In a perfect Communism there is no such thing as "less money" because no individual has any need for money because all commodities and services are provided for free.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

So I'm forced to provide my labor for free to other people?

Thus I'm still a slave.

Comment

Let's see, you start with a completely biased view, with what seems like a large ignorance of the theory uderpinning the notion, and then we are to explain it to you?

Why is your labor a commodity you must sell? Should you ability to live be based on this? What is the morality in that?

I won't try. Just accept that you are biased, and live with that bias, and everyone will be better of for it.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's clearly only slavery if you are *forced* to work. Providing you may leave the country or Live from welfare, your argument fails.

Comment

A "free market" also forces one to work, unless starving to death is what you would call a valid choice.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
              It's clearly only slavery if you are *forced* to work. Providing you may leave the country or Live from welfare, your argument fails.
              Ok, so you know what, I just won't work. I'll still get money from other people that do work, though, so I'm fine.

Let's see where that philosophy leads us.

Comment

If one has no option not to work, cannot negotiate his wage rates, cannot change jobs without permission, does not have the right to strike against unsafe working conditions and has no right to pass what he has earned onto his family, one is a slave.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

And the gang in complete!

Comment

If one has no option not to work, cannot negotiate his wage rates, cannot change jobs without permission, does not have the right to strike against unsafe working conditions and has no right to pass what he has earned onto his family

Of course you can strike - in a democratic country. That "failing" of capitalism is really a failing of authoritarianism.

Comment

You think Ned meant that about Capitalism? Where have you been? Outer Mongolia?

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        So I'm forced to provide my labor for free to other people?

Thus I'm still a slave.
                        But you also get the Products which other people produce by their hands work for Free
                        So, in an ideal Communism it doesn´t matr if you are paid or not.
                        You work for your Society but the society also works for you
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Society is slavery. I wanted to be born into a society where I could walk up to a Senator and repeatedly slap him with a banana. But did I get in that society? No! I was forced into this one!
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Fill in these blanks:
                            To each according to their ______, from each according to their ________.

Communism sucks. Swedish free market forever.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

"To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability." That was actually what made me realize communism is slavery.

Comment

Working...
                              X