Face it, the U.S. was a whole lot safer when everyone had guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face it, the U.S. was a whole lot safer when everyone had guns

Well not everyone had guns, but honest citizens gun ownership was much, much higher percentage-wise than it is now.

Look at the 19th century. Crime was almost non-existant. Sure you had the occasional OK corral. But contrary to what western movies would have you believe, shootouts were very rare. Why? Because everyone was packing, and you were libel to get yourself killed drawing your weapon on someone else. School shootings? They would not be a problem of the students were packing heat.

Why not commit crimes now? I look around my city, and armed robbery is so easy to do. No one ever gets caught. I can't figure out why everyone doesn't do it. The police don't even investigate armed robbery anymore. They are too busy with more serious violent crimes. But they hardly solve those either.

Why trust your life in the hands of inept police?

I suggest buying a gun.

I can't have a gun over here. It makes me feel like some *****, homo-gay Eurocom.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

homo-gay
      Blah

Comment

It's such a great term, isn't it?
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Without the "-" one could think it is a new kind of human, the homo gay
          Blah

Comment

By that reason, packing more heat ought to lead to more security?

Why don't you buy a grenade launcher and really protect yourself?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

alas, I cannot get my hands on one of those

Comment

Why don't you buy a grenade launcher and really protect yourself?

A grenade launcher isn't an effective weapon for self-defense. I'd much rather have a nice shotgun.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Everyone should have mininukes. That would give new meaning to MAD
                  Blah

Comment

A grenade launcher isn't an effective weapon for self-defense. I'd much rather have a nice shotgun.
                    It's all about intimidation. Who's going to take you on with a grenade launcher?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Me. I'd run up to him with a baseball bat and batter him from close range, where the grenade launcher would be ineffective.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

It's all about intimidation. Who's going to take you on with a grenade launcher?

See above.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Depends on how crazy the person is... he could just pull the trigger and blow both of you to pieces
                          If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Hm, I think I should wear a clearly visibel explosive belt as a self-defence measure, add a crazy impression to your face and you will always have a free path in front of you
                            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Originally posted by DanielXY
                              Hm, I think I should wear a clearly visibel explosive belt as a self-defence measure, add a crazy impression to your face and you will always have a free path in front of you
                              Too dangerous.
                              In Public People might try to shoot you from a Distance with their Grenadelaunchers and Shotguns

Things might go different of course if you carry a clearly visible nuclear Warhead
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X