No announcement yet.

Do you Ignore anyone here at Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to start a problem, but the South should never have been able to advance the Cause as long as they did.
    Not really.

And when 2 things occurred, the South was doomed.

1) Jackson being shot by his own side.
    2) Lee's insisting on fighting at Gettysburg.

Yeah, yeah Michael.
    I know. You don't agree on point 2.
    Tough!

hoot,hoot!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I rented Gods and Generals long and rather boring, but good none-the-less... I just wonder if Jackson really quoted the bible and prayed as much as they made him do in the movie...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

• All I read concur with that point.

And btw, Blockbuster viewers rank that movie a solid "B".
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• More. They toned it down so that Jackson didn't seem quite so fanatic.

A couple of true stories about Jackson:

After the first battle of Winchester in the '62 Valley Campaign, his official report in it's entirety: "God granted our arms victory this day at Winchester."

Also, on Sundays, he was fond of touring around different brigade camps in his Corps to see how the men's religious services were, and occasionally he attended some. In reality, most of his boys were good ol' boys, so they'd much rather gamble. So they drew lots and detailed a few of their number to go to services, along with the small minority of naturally religious folks, and they detailed a few more to act as lookouts in case Jackson came along.

If they spotted old Jack coming toward camp, the lookouts would signal, the troops would cover up the games and skedaddle over to Sunday services. Jackson would come by, be impressed by the reverence of the men under his command, and would then usually head off, whereupon the men went back to gambling. They hated it on those occasions he'd decide to stick around.

And Slowwy, it wasn't Lee's decision to fight at Gettysburg, it was Heth's lack of ability to control Archer and Davis.

Besides, with the Yankees controlling the road junction and the ANV dispersed for foraging, where would you have had Lee go? Michigan?
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Washington.

Comment

• Well, I'll just rent Gettysburgh and decide this one once and for all!!!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• I get the feeling that many OTers have the same person as me on ignore (there's only one). This guy won't concede a point even when you provide full screen video proving yours.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Do you read me, Agathon ?
                  Agathon!

Damnit!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Washington.
                    the most heavily fortified city in the world? There's a reason Lee never did that.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do you read me, Agathon ?
                      Agathon!

Damnit!

Of course. I don't really dislike anyone here except for the aforementioned poster. He gets ignored for just being obtuse to the point of idiocy.

Sure we may all disagree on politics and flame the hell out of each other, but that doesn't mean we are all bad people.

I can't believe I'm not on Berzerker's ignore list.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• You guys have Berzerker all wrong.

He's almost as full of **** as I am. Not quite, but close.

I did try to put Ming on Ignore one time when he made me mad.
                        When I couldn't I was real mad.

Comment

Washington.
                          To get to Washington, Lee would have had to get through that little road junction in that little town called, uh, what was that name? Oh! I remember, it was called "Gettysburg."

Then just a couple days march down the Baltimore Pike, you know, that same road the Yankee XII, V and VI Corps marched up.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

You guys have Berzerker all wrong.

He's almost as full of **** as I am. Not quite, but close.
                            His politics I find rather strange, but he seems a decent enough guy to me.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• But it wouldn't have been taking high ground.
                              Jackass.

(don't hit me, don't hit me)

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                                I get the feeling that many OTers have the same person as me on ignore (there's only one). This guy won't concede a point even when you provide full screen video proving yours.
                                But Glonkies not that bad.

Oh, wait: he's worse. When he doesn't like the way the arguments going, he starts taking pot shots at family members. :loser:

Comment

Working...
                                X