Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina continues to enforce Unconstitutional Sodomy Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorn
    In Europe they can, only reason they can't here is cause of this Puritan crap.
    There are round trip tickets under $300—try it and find out for yourself.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
      Yep, I read, I only posted when Thorn said we could have sex in public places in Europe, unfortuneatly we can't.....:O(
      they only just made it specifically illegal here the other week...
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

They could always do you under the old gross indecency laws though.
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Ooooh, always fancied being done in a law library.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

I was just pointing out having sex in public always could be prosecuted. Although you would have more chance of not getting charged if you were hetro
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I know, and I was just making a cheap innuendo.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Why is everybody talking about sex in public as it was some sort of bad thing? If the people doing it are ugly, there's usually some way you can turn your head so you won't have to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  “We’re following constitutional law,” Bryant said. “The Supreme Court’s decision only applies to private conduct.”[/i]

As long as they are defining 'crime against nature' as public sex, then it isn't unconstitutional. If it applies to private conduct, then it is, of course, unconstitutional.
                  I'm not sure I agree with their justification for declaring public sex as "crime against nature," but I do agree that the constitutional law only protects private, consensual sex.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

How could having sex in nature be a crime against nature? Where do they think all the little animals come from?
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      How could having sex in nature be a crime against nature? Where do they think all the little animals come from?
                      We don't live in nature anymore -- we live in cities or towns -- for the most part.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The Supreme Court is the law of the land, they strike something down in one state, it pertains to ALL States!
                        err- well yes and no-- The rationale applies across the board but it is possible to have a law entitled a sodomy law that does not violate the reasoning of the court and which would stand.

Even if it is clear that a law in another state should be struck down based on the SC reasoning, it will take a judge, applying that reasoning, to strike down the other law.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

No, they don't. Once SCOTUS has ruled, its rulings on the subject matter are automatically binding on all inferior courts.

Following precendent is the basis of common law. As MTG says not every states laws will go before the SC.

What should happen is that a local judge will throw out offensive laws , in ANY state, which violate the SC ruling. If that decision is appealed, it is possible that this decision might make it back to the Supreme court but only if there were some substantial differences. If it were the same issue, the appeal courts should stuff the appeal and the SC would decline to hear it. So while there could be a state by state airing of this issue, it should only be at the lowerr court or possibly the appeal levels within the state
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

God Save the poor children who see people doing something that is natural and necessary for the human species to propogate.
                            I realize that I would do better not to get involved in this argument, but that argument isn't really applicable to this particular situation, unless I missed something very important in my biology class....
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I kind of sympathyze with law enforcement here if the legislature hasn't passed a law on public decency or prostitution but an anti- sodomy law is not the solution. The legislature should pass a reasonable law cobering their concerns about public sex and prostitution. There are probably a dozen variations that have been used and tested in court numerous times . One of these could be quickly adopted.

Comment

These people need to control themselves in public places. No one has a constitutional right to engage in sexual activity in public.
                                I agree.

This makes me Puritanical?

That's an honour coming from Thorn.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X