Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Gay H.S. in NYC what are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and what's with this transgendered bull****?

what the hell is transgender? That sounds so gay. I'm tired of people changing words. It's hard keeping up with all the new politically correct words.

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
      Only I'm allowed to be pinickity with language.
      No, I'm allowed to be pernickety too. After all if you're going to be using a colloquialism which has fastidious as one of its meanings, spell it correctly. Otherwise you're letting down the gay side.

Albert Speer, you need to update your list of stereotypical gay professions- I mean it's seriously cliched and stale.

No web designers? No colour consultants? Members of Parliament/Government (being closeted optional)? Scout troop leaders?

Perhaps a gay high school might just have on its curriculum a set of subjects that don't teach or assume the inferiority or moral laxity or historical invisibilty of its student body. You know, like the way black history used to be invisible?

Regardless, an all gay high school is a retrograde step, especially if it's a publicly funded school.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

lets here it for all geek high schools = especially in NYC!!

Go Stuy!!!! Stuy forever!!!!
        Another Stuy student? What are you going on about, we had no school spirit!

I disagree with the notion in general. It could not possibly limit entrance by sexual orientation if it is using public funds. Second, whata boutt hose that at 13 or 14 aren;t sure what they are?
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

No, I'm allowed to be pernickety too. After all if you're going to be using a colloquialism which has fastidious as one of its meanings, spell it correctly.

I thought the word was "persnickety"?
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            It seems... counterproductive, doesn't it?
            Counter-reproductive at least.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Perhaps if you had gone to Gay School, you'd have better grammar.
              And you could have learned to iron properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                and what's with this transgendered bull****?

what the hell is transgender? That sounds so gay. I'm tired of people changing words. It's hard keeping up with all the new politically correct words.
                It's a complicated subject that deserves its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  No, I'm allowed to be pernickety too. After all if you're going to be using a colloquialism which has fastidious as one of its meanings, spell it correctly.

I thought the word was "persnickety"?
                  You might be thinking of 'persiflage', Iranian combat gear...

No, the lexical thought police and the nearest dictionary to hand (Oxford English, revised with corrections) are here to tell you it's 'pernickety', also meaning ticklish and requiring tact.

Persnickety sounds a bit Grandpa Zebulon Walton.

By the way, Dissident, is every term which you encounter whose meaning you don't know, immediately 'gay' or politically correct?

If so, the world must be getting more and more unbearable for you.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

no one has mentioned the really important issue yet.

How will the restrooms and locker rooms be configured?

Comment

Transgendered persons may be considered either A) individuals who have undergone sex-change operations or B) individuals who were born with physical abnormalities: they have both male AND female reproductive parts. A and B aren't mutually exclusive definitions.

At birth the parents would choose a gender for the transgendered child and his/her outward appearance would be altered to fit that decision. The parents would then spend the rest of the child's childhood reenforcing the ideals of that gender on the child. Sometimes that would work, sometimes not. As the child grows older, he/she may begin to feel a little off, like they aren't quite who everyone is telling them they are. Eventually, the individual in question may figure out they were born transgendered. If they were raised male, it may be they've felt female the whole time on the inside. If they were raised female, then the opposite might be true. Just because you get a little snip-snip here or there after birth doesn't mean your body's own chemistry is going to comply with those changes.

Note: A transgendered person's genitalia isn't fully functional; they can't get themselves pregnant by themselves. Either their male organs or their female organs are functional, not both.

Not all transgendered children are mutilated by their parents' bigoted wishes at birth. Some wisely choose to allow the child to grow as they will, giving them the option of choosing once they're old enough for themselves. Puberty is the Great Decider.

Not all people who've undergone a sex-change operation were born transgendered and not all transgendered persons have undergone sex-change operations. I'd go so far as to say most people undergoing said surgery WEREN'T born transgendered, but I lack medical research data to back that up. Regardless of their status at birth, or how they deal with it in adulthood, this group of people got a very raw deal when God was handing out lives. They are truly a man/woman stuck in a woman's/man's body and their upbringing may have made it worse. I have a lot of repect for them because of that. There are things more emotionally agonizing than being a homosexual in a heterosexual world...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: All Gay H.S. in NYC what are your thoughts?

Originally posted by Vesayen

I looked at this from the angle of "Oh, so they arent ostracized?".

THEN I realized.............. well how damn hard is it to hide your sexuality? You really arent supposed to be "getting it on" in highschool during the school day anyway, so what is the need?
                        This is highly unproductive. This is a very dangerous idea that must be abolished! I mean how can segeration help anybody? They did that with blacks in the past and it does nothing but damage society!
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Operating for two decades as a small alternative program with just two classrooms, the new Harvey Milk High School officially opens as a stand-alone public school with 100 students in September.
                          Private school would fall under freedom of association.

Public schools are another matter. If they bar one heterosexual student from attending would this not be discrimation based on sexual orientation? It's a waste of public funds.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I am against the idea being just out of high school and gay myself. Seperating people would do nothing to help equality. We saw what this did to America with the seperation of whites and blacks.. it is just caused chaos and discontent.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                            X