No announcement yet.

Is cheating worse when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon, red_jon, claiming "confusion" is one of those "extreme things [people say] to try to cover up their sexuality"...

Everyone knows full well who they are attracted to and who they are not.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Cheating is cheating . . .

But if my wife cheated with another woman, it would be, in some small ways, not as hurtful. Cheating with another guy is a rejection of what I offer as a man. Cheating with a woman is something that would be easier to rationalize and not see as a failure on your own part as well.

In either case, I would end the relationship since cheating is cheating and I do not tolerate that . . . but somehow I would feel less devastated by the same-sex cheating.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

the same sex is even worse than normal cheating.

how can you compete with that?

Comment

I have to offer the opposite opinion. I would be much more hurt if my girlfriend cheated on me with another girl. I am used to her liking guys and so forth, and if she cheated on me with another guy, sure it would be bad, but if she cheated on me with a girl, that is a whole new level of trust broken. Yeah, naturally I would get jealous if she was getting close with another guy, but now I have to be paranoid of girls too? ARGH!

I would probably leave her in either case, but I would be more likely to forgive if it was another guy. If it's a girl, then there would be no chance.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Either would be bad, to be honest.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
              Sava - just reading your sigs - Fez is older than me?! I thought he was younger!
              19 years old.... don't you know that? It is in my profile..

My SO, being a guy, doesn't really like girls... so I can't answer the question...
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

... they cheat with someone of a different gender to you?
                No, it would not matter. Infidelity is infidelity. Why should the gender of the indiscretion matter?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Since I don't think I will ever go out with a homosexual woman, the point is moot.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You know, cheating is cheating... Doesn't matter at all. If a relationship is closed, it would be destroyed in both cases. If it's open, it doesn't matter either (but it's got much more fun potential if it's the same-sex kind. Or actually it doesn't matter since I don't really mind either way )
                    Brought to you by Firelad, AKA King of the Fairies

Comment

If my SO cheated on me with another person any gender, he/she would IMMEDIATELY cease to be my SO.
                      -30-

Comment

I think the worst part about cheating is the breach of trust, and that doesn't change with gender. So, both are equally bad.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hey, but it's alright if they are confused!

What an excuse.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I would end it if it was with a girl. No Chasing Amy for me. The guy was right about the Easter Bunny. If she cheats on me with another man, its just showing that she likes men. I guess, I always figure that my gf will like me a lot. So if she cheats, its probably because I've been blowing her off.

Comment

Bos, I didn't use the term confused in its literal sense - it's actually a bad way of putting it.

However, you may be physically attracted to someone of the same sex, but when you're closeted you don't think of yourself as gay for at least a very long time.

Denial would be a better word, but you knew what I meant anyway.

Comment

You know, the King of Denial is the guy who can shout 'NO!' the loudest.
                                -30-

Comment

Working...
                                X