Hypocrisy over a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski

But, if that policy isn't applied across the board, then it is a useless policy.

In boris's example:

1.Sexually descrimination is okay. They work for a company that does this.

2. A product that simulates violence and illegal activity, is the reason they don't take the Take Two account.

Seems stupid to me.

ACK!
    Bingo!

Real world malfeasance vs. simulated violence in a computer game. The later is somehow worse?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Please. It is a little tiring to hear this every time two gay posters argue with each other.
      Seems inappropriate to me.

Now quit catfighting.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'll scratch your eyes out.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

People should stay on topic, or not bother to post.

I'm in a banning kind of mood today
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

GTA is a real fun game... you get to steal cars... commit acts of terrorism and have sex with and then beat up prostitutes... good moral fiber for our kids....

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
              GTA is a real fun game... you get to steal cars... commit acts of terrorism and have sex with and then beat up prostitutes... good moral fiber for our kids....
              Now now, no talk of stealing on Ape. GTA has simulated stealing, simulated beatings, simulated terrorism, implied sex (you don't really see anything), and simulated muggings of prostitutes the game implies you had sex with.

No talk of actual stealing, it could corrupt the kids. The kids playing GTA ...
              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Oh did I mention selling drugs... and commiting other crimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Did I say it was my call? How could I do anything but stick to it? Work for Take Two in secret?

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy, because it amuses me. The policy isn't a written one, it's ad hoc, and as I demonstrated, inconsistent. Basically, they refuse to work for someone based on second-hand conjecture and cowardice. Then they pat themselves on the back for thinking they made some sort of moral stand. I think that's worthy of my scorn!
                  Agreed. Of course experience has taught me that this is exactly the sort of thing that your superiors don't appreciate being brought to their attention. It serves as a kind of model for the political system, where everyone is happy to see someone else's ox gored "for the good of society", and yet has the temerity to complain when their own pet privilege is in the crosshairs.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Agreed. Of course experience has taught me that this is exactly the sort of thing that your superiors don't appreciate being brought to their attention. It serves as a kind of model for the political system, where everyone is happy to see someone else's ox gored "for the good of society", and yet has the temerity to complain when their own pet privilege is in the crosshairs.
                    Certainly.

I'm not stupid, however--I didn't voice any but the most bland of objections to my superiors, and let it go. I then made my silent protest of purchasing the game.

Well, off to beat up the whores!
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

On the upside Boris, your compagny must be doing well to able to turn down (potential) clients like that.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm in a banning kind of mood today

I'd believe it!

As for your company I agree that their policy, if none of them have played GTA 3 deserves scorn.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You going to kill them, or just beat them up? (wondering if Boris meets the serial killer criteria yet)....

Comment

Thorn... you are one post away from another long vacation...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                              On the upside Boris, your compagny must be doing well to able to turn down (potential) clients like that.
                              To their credit, they stuck to their guns about Phillip Morris even when we were in our darkest economic days. PM was practically begging us, too!

But now we are in quite good shape, actually.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Oh...my...God!

I am the WORST driver ever! I was TRYING to be good, but I kept running over people. My roommate was watching as I careened wildly through the streets.

Naturally, I switched the radio to the pretentious classical station. There's nothing quite flying over hills, smacking into other cars, etc. while the Brindisi from [i]La Traviata[i] is playing...
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X