Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch/Belgian Apolyton Meet: Amsterdam, 6 September 2003

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That never stopped me from attending an Apolyton meeting.

    Comment


    • Indeed, it doesn't really matter if you know each other or not; it's fun either way

      Nieuwmarkt sounds good, don't think I've been there before.

      Latest version of 'the list'...

      (All but) certain to come
      Locutus
      Zopperoni
      panag
      Tarquinius
      Hueij
      atawa
      Trajanus

      Might be coming
      germanos
      Major Guz
      Bas
      Provost Harrison
      CapTVK
      alva
      Dry
      Barley
      Lucilla

      (All but) certain NOT to come
      BigFurryMonster
      Mark123jansen
      Maniac
      S. Kroeze
      Paul
      pacman
      DeepO
      Ecthelion
      Mercator
      Boddington's
      Franses

      Unknown
      Ribannah
      Zaphod Beeblebrox
      Panzer
      Lemmy
      Saint Marcus
      Aidun
      georges bonbon
      CyberShy
      (Anyone else who wants to come)
      Last edited by Locutus; August 25, 2003, 10:00.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mercator
        Nope... He just came back from vacation... He'll be having his exams right about then.

        Right Heresson?
        That time I'll be trembling just before getting my ass kicked at the exam
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

        Comment


        • Maybe another PM to the "Unknown" is in order? There are some people there I would like to meet.
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

          Comment


          • I just noticed that I have another (non-Apolyton) meeting on September 6 (should have checked that earlier but I was so enthousiastic, sorry). That meeting lasts until 19.00 hours at the least so there is little chance that I am able to attend the Apolyton meeting. Perhaps if the Apolyton meeting is in the evening but even then.......
            Franses (like Ramses).

            Comment


            • Hueij, are you still coming to Lowlands? I just got bought my ticket (finally). Maybe we can meet.

              Incidentally, that also reduced the chance of me showing up on the 6th of sept. to almost 0%...

              A pity, because this seems to become the largest Dutch meet so far... Better luck next time.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mercator
                Hueij, are you still coming to Lowlands? I just got bought my ticket (finally). Maybe we can meet.

                Incidentally, that also reduced the chance of me showing up on the 6th of sept. to almost 0%...

                A pity, because this seems to become the largest Dutch meet so far... Better luck next time.
                Yes, I'm going to Lowlands so I guess I owe you that beer
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

                Comment


                • I ain't coming, at work the day before and two days after.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

                  Comment


                  • (Bump)
                    Nieuwmarkt sounds good. What do we plan to do, go to a bar? Because it is probably necesarry to clearly specify where (which bar/place) we will meet.
                    Alea iacta est!

                    Comment


                    • Sorry to hear you can't come, Bodds, Franses & Mercator

                      Hueij,
                      I'll PM everyone (or at least everyone who will/might be there) again once we have agreed on a time and exact location.

                      So, yes, it would be good to specify a more precise location. Zop, have you looked into this yet? The meet is less than 2 weeks away; it would be good to decide on this before the meet
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

                      Comment


                      • D'euhm... I've been kinda busy this past week, sorry.

                        If possible, I'll look into this tomorrow, otherwise sometime this week.

                        Comment


                        • I tried to do some research myself but can't really find much that's located on the Nieuwmarkt itself (most of it is 'in the area of', but the Nieuwmark itself would be much easier to find for people not familiar in Amsterdam).

                          The only place I could find that is recommended (frequently!) is Cafe Cuba:

                          Situated on the open Nieuwmarkt square in the Red Light District, this is a popular place. Its decorated with all the Cuban references which creates a nice environment. They also serve Ernest Hemingways favourite cocktail "La Caprinha" which certainly spices things up. Theres quite alot of space here but it does fill up at weekends. All sorts of people seem to come here so its a good mixed crowd. 8/10



                          A little slice of Caribbean sunshine in the (just slightly) seedy Nieuwmarkt. Perhaps fittingly, Café Cuba has a 1950s feel: pictures of Papa Hemingway, peeling, wall-sized adverts for rum. But it’s not all a nostalgic peek back at the days when the country was America’s brothel: look, here’s a picture of Che! Hooray!

                          Anyway, it’s not politics, politics, politics that brings the people here, it’s cocktails, cocktails, cocktails (not that the two should be mutually exclusive, kids!). They make ‘em strong here, and sell them at prices reasonable enough to keep even the most strident soviet happy.

                          In the summer, you can sit outside in the acres of wicker-work chairs and tables. In the summer, you can sit outside in the acres of wicker-work chairs and tables. Everything they do is good, but certainly have a minty mojito or a margarita if you can. In fact, have them all! Work your way through the entire menu!

                          When you come to leave (if they can get you out, that is), you’ll think that the rainy Red Light District is downtown Havana.



                          Maybe Zop (or someone else) can come up with some alternatives, but failing that, this sounds good to me...

                          Last edited by Locutus; August 25, 2003, 16:21.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

                          Comment


                          • Maybe we should meet somewhere near the Centraal Station (sorry ) and go from there.
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

                            Comment


                            • The problem with that is that not everybody is likely to arrive at the same time, and it's not really fun to hang around CS all the time =)

                              Comment


                              • Hueij, I PM'ed you!

                                (bump)
                                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X