Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch/Belgian Apolyton Meet: Amsterdam, 6 September 2003

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you are such an experienced motorway driver, how come it took 3 seconds to realise the brake light on the car in front of you meant the car was actually slowing down to a stop?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

    Comment


    • (A) that one had me scared too
      Speaking of Erith:

      "It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

      Comment


      • 6'th of september, poly meet in a'dam.

        I dont know most of you as I usualy hang out in the civ2 forums but sounds like fun

        Count me in
        (Unless I get a better offer in the meantime off course )

        Comment


        • Still not sure I'm affraid, but I will let you know.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

          Comment


          • Well, the counter is now at 6 (more or less) certainties and 9 maybes. This might end up being a pretty big Meet...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Boddington's
              He convinced that going 80+ mph on a motorway is not safe, despite his whingings.
              Funny 'cause we were doing a ton on the way back from London to Reading.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

              Comment


              • mmmh, September 6?
                Count me on the maybes.
                The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

                Comment


                • Thanks for the PM.

                  I will certainly try to be there but can not tell for sure yet. So count me as one of the maybes.
                  Franses (like Ramses).

                  Comment


                  • Met nog maar drie weken te gaan is een bump wel op zijn plaats, dunkt me.

                    Okay, so it's the 6th of September somewhere in Amsterdam.

                    Now let's get on with the specifics...
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

                    Comment


                    • Ok, 12 uur later...
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

                      Comment


                      • Nog 12 uur later


                        While the list of (potential) participants keeps getting longer (6 certainties, 12 maybes now), I agree it's time to get on with the specifics.

                        Location: is anyone familiar in Amsterdam? Does anyone know any good places that are suitable for a meet like this? It should be able to cater anywhere between 5 and 15 people and preferably be fairly easy to find for people not familiar in Amsterdam. I've been in Amsterdam plenty of times, but always with small groups of people; I'm afraid I wouldn't know any place that can cater larger groups...

                        And what about time? Afternoon? Evening? Both? I can basically be there all day, but I need 2 hours to get there by train and I wouldn't like to get up too early. Of course, I'll also need to get back with the train (last train leaves at 23.30). So basically anywhere in the timeframe 13.00-23.00ish would be fine with me.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

                        Comment


                        • 22 minuten later

                          I'll see what I can come up with as far as locations are concerned.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MikeH


                            Funny 'cause we were doing a ton on the way back from London to Reading.
                            The right circumstances to cause a crash or near miss happily didn't arise on that journey.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

                            Comment


                            • (Ecth from Mike's account now)

                              I'm now almost entirely certain I won't make it, because it's just too short after the last one. And after 10 days in the UK, I'm almost entirely broke now...
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

                              Comment


                              • Get an overdraft.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X