If God himself came down from the clouds and orders you to shoot your family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Simply no.

If god asked me to do that, then I would want to spend eternity away from him!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

obiwan,

I understood it before. I just didn't feel like engaging in a "Why don't you believe in my particular version of God" threadjacking.
      Better living through tyranny

Comment

Neither did I.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Didn't God tell Abraham to kill his son or something?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would ask him for the reason, and unless he answers with a good one, I'd point behind him, saying "look over there!" and then shoot him when his back when he turned around.

That's of course assuming that God is really gullible.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Jag,

You could just confuse such a deity by repeatedly mumbling, "adumbgodsayswhat?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                Sava, you impress me with your extensive biblical knowledge. You know every last detail of the book you hold so dear.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Genesis 22:2,9-10

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

The sacrifice comes somewhat later.

When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son."
                    Abe said, "Man, you must be putting me on."
                    God say "No," Abe say "What?"
                    God say "You can do what you want, Abe but
                    The next time you see me comin', you better run."
                    Abe say, "Where you want this killin' done?"
                    God said "Out on Highway 61."

All I need to know about the Bible I learned from Bob Dylan.

Comment

I'll just produce the iron chariot I have in my pocket.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                      X