Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do it!

It's a test!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
      "Who can defy the will of God?"
      -Moses (from the ten commandments)
      Well, the Chinese and the Indians did a good job of it for millenia.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They'll get their's
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

They'll get their's
          Last edited by PLATO; May 2, 2003, 18:15.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Don't do it!

It's a test!
            If you go by Abraham, passing the "test" would mean being willing to go through with it (not to mention lying to your family in the process, and they'd probably have to be tricked into buying the bullets for you...).
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

not to mention lying to your family in the process, and they'd probably have to be tricked into buying the bullets for you
              Way too much thought on this one... your begining to scare me
              Monkey!!!

Comment

If you go by Abraham, passing the "test" would mean being willing to go through with it

Yeah, but everyone knows about that 'test' now! This would have to be different test .

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Way too much thought on this one... your begining to scare me
                  Just using the Biblical account as an example, as Abraham lies to his kid to get him to the place for doing the sacrifice, and even makes the kid carry the woods he's going to use to burn him up!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If god told me to do that then I'd tell him to suck it and then convert to buddism.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'd tell this usurper to feck off
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003

I hope that's in jest...
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Right. If he's so impotent he can't kill my family members himself, I'd bet he's damned easy to take out. The Jews did in his kid real easily, didn't they?
                          ok then, go ahead. if you ever meet god, take that attitude towards him if that is what you will do. you'll get what u deserve
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

ok then, go ahead. if you ever meet god, take that attitude towards him if that is what you will do. you'll get what u deserve
                            I notice you didn't answer the question, didya? Chicken. Bwock, bwock!

So come on...will you butcher your innocent loved ones because God doth command it?
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I think Spec is right on. No sane and rational God would do this without the intervention of drink and lots of it (and as Tom Waits, said, "There ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk").

I think the problem some people are having with the premise of this thread is that we're presuming that the God in question is the God of the Christian New Testament -- that is, good, caring, loving, devoted to the welfare of all people everywhere, etc. That God would, of course, not act in the specified fashion.

But what if God's a pr!ck? What if God likes to mess with people just because he's God and he can? What if the only thing that really matters to God is obedience to God, no matter how ridiculous and destructive his whims might be? Those are more interesting questions, IMO.
                              Last edited by Ubergeek; May 2, 2003, 17:01.
                              Better living through tyranny

Comment

I'd tell him that my name isn't Abraham.
                                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X