Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes you can do it both ways command or cheat mode. You just pick the ai and delete it. First turn it states " X has been utterly defeated."

For the brief moment you see the ai position but that is minor. I have offered to do games for people who would like a head to head no ai game.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
      Yes you can do it both ways command or cheat mode. You just pick the ai and delete it. First turn it states " X has been utterly defeated."
      i thought you could use cheat mode only in single player games..
      what is command mode ?
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• I don't think you can use cheat mode in PBEM games. At least I don't know how. Maybe Blackice knows.

Command mode is entered by hitting the " ' " key. But I don't know the command to get rid of an a/i player.
        Last edited by quinns; January 5, 2004, 13:51.

Comment

• I guess - but I do not know - IF you turn an AI to a "human" with the detach-command, then the turn should be saved on your own desktop.

Then you could open the turn and disband the settler. And finish with that AI. But that is only a guess.......
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Ahhh... Very clever. Yes, that would work, or just start the PBEM game with 3 human players with the middle player being the one to be disbanded. Then open the middle player's turn and disband the settler. That would do it too -- Thanks Birdman!

Comment

• i dont think you can disband your only settler
              Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
              O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
                i dont think you can disband your only settler
                But you most assuredly could "Kill" it, at least in the cheat menu when making a scenario you can kill off the unit.

I am learning even yet more of the whats and hows by monitoring this forum!

keep up the great ideas folks!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
                  i dont think you can disband your only settler
                  Then again... maybe that WONT work! You may be right Math. I never tried it.

Comment

• Better to just play with the two a/i players, that way you don't need to bother with any of this "command mode" or "cheat mode" business!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
                      Better to just play with the two a/i players, that way you don't need to bother with any of this "command mode" or "cheat mode" business!
                      Yes, because what really bothers me about both PBEM & Multiplayer, is what can and cant be done with different commands or cheats.

I am not accusing anyone nor have I of late seen anything suspicious, I am merely stating it makes sense to not do this.

BUT, i also like the idea pete has, a pure 1 vs 1.....

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Good idea Birdy, I'll have to try that, I have seen AI die in games before from starvation in MP games.

I have no idea if "cammand mode" can be used, I have never learned slic codes. I was recently asked to convert the AI back to player mode in a PBEM game. I have no Idea how to do it, nor do I care. I do remember someone, more than likely Ber posting something about it in the forums here.

But as you set up the game PBEM, you can use cheatmode to set the details of the game. Main reason why I like the idea of of "duel dual" ( did I get it right this time?) That way any modifications done in the original game are equaly shared.

That contributes greatly to the "head to head" matches. The idea is sound "skill vs skill" The way a real challenge match of skill should be. Like chess...

So I would say use it, there is always a way to cheat in this game, add the release of the source code and let's see what happens.

In the end honesty for the love of the game and the skill vs skill should keep most people satisfied.

Winning is'nt everything, attitude is, most if not all of the people here have a good attitude.

Let's face it we could come up with a thousand reason's not to do this. Every one of them can be countered with duel dual and the fact that most if not all cheats here begin with turn advancing. So what ever you can do in cheat mode, view the map, alter the goods, change the terrain can all be done by a few with slic commands and turn advancing.

So why not just wipe out ai and ruins, select the advances, ( I like that one ) alter the pw etc. We do it for online. In online you can save a game and view the map on the fly. So dual duel and PBEM alter ways of cheating but all in all the same.

Now we add the crowd here most if not all can be trusted, I mean most play with moderators and most moderators do thier job. Meaning very few of us here if not all do not cheat. Right? I have seen two in two years...

Hey bottom line make it as even as possible, play fair, play hard and may the best player win...

I do not get into a game of monopoly or space hulk or even risk thinking about people cheating. I just follow the rules play hard and if I spot a cheat I then decide what to do.

Example in a risk game, qualifying round south edmonton championship game. I spotted a loaded die. This guy and I had played before and he lost. He used the die for 20 turns. So I asked to use his dice, legal in the turney. I hung on to that die for tweenty turns, I then questioned the die to the judge. I expalined wht I saw and made a point of commenting while I rolled the die on every six it rolled. The judge removed the die, he said it was unintentional and ruled the game even to go.

I kicked the guys ass and went on to win the tourney...

Fairness should be equal, that achieved may the best person win and may the loser learn.
                        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                        Or do we?

Comment

• You can't disband your last settler, nor your last city, and you can only kill it with cheat mode in the very first turn (since that's the only time you can reach cheat mode in a PBEM game).

If you want to play with two humans and no AIs I would suggest starting a game with three human players and killing off the first player with cheat mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                            You can't disband your last settler, nor your last city, and you can only kill it with cheat mode in the very first turn (since that's the only time you can reach cheat mode in a PBEM game).

If you want to play with two humans and no AIs I would suggest starting a game with three human players and killing off the first player with cheat mode.
                            Thanks..because I thought that was only way to do it by "Killing off" the spot

to you overabundance of knowledge for without we would be doomed

Peace

Grandpa-"NO SKILLS"-Troll
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Thanks..because I thought that was only way to do it by "Killing off" the spot

to you overabundance of knowledge for without we would be doomed

Peace

Grandpa-"NO SKILLS"-Troll
                              I played around a little today with scenarios and slic (do you know anything better for the last day of your vacation ). The result is a "No-AIs" scenario pack, that eliminates all AI players during the first turn .

Of course it is not thoroughly tested, but I tried starting some hotseat and one PBEM game and it did the job.

Have fun!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice one Hatschy

Comment

Working...
                                X