it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadowlord
    I've seen one restart. In my current game, I wiped the Russians out from the northern end of the continent in the ancient era, and they magically got a new city on the south end of the continent, and weren't "wiped out". I checked the replay, I'm pretty sure it "respawned" them, and it probably only respawns them if there's an empty spot available for a new city somewhere.
    ah, ok, i've seen that, and i figured it was a bug. Silly me
    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

• A zoom feature would be nice for the editor, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACooper

How many times are you going to repeat this?
        I just want the Firaxians to see it!
        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
          Note, however, that any changes to the default rules will not be included in your modified rules unless you manually make those changes to your mods (this has been the case with all previous versions as well).
          Hi Mike, thanks for your very helpful mod comments, I have one suggestion:

As it is not always easy to find the changes in the default rules (often undocumented), would it be possible to write a kind of "Civ3EditorExport" tool that writes the settings of a BIC-files down into a readable form? This way it would become very easy to track the changes, for example like that:

Civ3EditorExport old.BIC >old.txt
          Civ3EditorExport new.BIC >new.txt
          anydifftool old.txt new.txt >diff.txt

So we easily could
          - find differences between official game versions (for example 1.17 to 1.21)
          - find differences between official game versions and mods
          Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

• * Updated water unit movement to take into account the cost of
            the terrain type.
            Ok , this could be good for scenarios and could allow like erh...sea fungus or stuff but as i understand it all water types have a move-rate of one anyway. Won't this just slow down sea-unit path-finding ?
            Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
            ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

• hi ,

hmmm , mini map in the editor , what about a better Zoom , huh , with 2 - 3 - 4 magnification steps .

have a nice day

Firaxians , are you there , beep , beep , ...................
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by panag
                hi ,

hmmm , mini map in the editor , what about a better Zoom , huh , with 2 - 3 - 4 magnification steps .

have a nice day

Firaxians , are you there , beep , beep , ...................
                Yes I want that too!
                Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

Comment

• hi ,

Firaxis , please , increase "operantional range" and other similar "limited" values , concerning the units in the editor .
                  thanks in advance !!!

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdFever

Hi Mike, thanks for your very helpful mod comments, I have one suggestion:

As it is not always easy to find the changes in the default rules (often undocumented), would it be possible to write a kind of "Civ3EditorExport" tool that writes the settings of a BIC-files down into a readable form? This way it would become very easy to track the changes, for example like that:

Civ3EditorExport old.BIC >old.txt
                    Civ3EditorExport new.BIC >new.txt
                    anydifftool old.txt new.txt >diff.txt

So we easily could
                    - find differences between official game versions (for example 1.17 to 1.21)
                    - find differences between official game versions and mods

Fantastic idea, especially after spending last night trying to copy the current bic settings into a 123 file so I would be ready for 1.21. Please make it easier for us. This would be a great tool to have. Even if all that is created is a structured text file. Then we can always use unix/linux tools to diff the two files and see just the field entries that have changed.

If that can't be done, how about an editor readme included in the patch listing in one section the bic changes with each patch.

I know documentation is a pain, I hate to do it myself; but it sure makes it easier for others.

Comment

• Will it now be possible to make flat maps?
                      That would be cool!

Comment

• About the abandoning cities, I'm not clear on how it works yet. If it was instant, wouldn't a "capture & abandon" be better than a raze?

Comment

• Hopefully this was for cities you planted in the wrong place and want to abandon. If works sure beats trying to force a settler from a pop 2 city or a worker from size one. That method seldom worked.

Comment

• I'm very happy with the newpatch, esp. with all the editor issues :
                            * Wonders now work with the government specific field.
                            * Editor: Exposed AI to AI trade rate.
                            * Editor: Updated ERA_NONE techs to work as expected (you can
                            never research them and they don't impede era advancement but they can be assigned as free techs).
                            I love this : you can now give specific techs to Civs and forbid them to trade (by setting the trade rate to 0). It reminds me of the "after the apocalypse" scenario for Civ2

* Editor: Displayed active player on status bar.
                            * Editor: Setting active player to a barbarian tribe causes
                            placed barbarian camps to use the specified barbarian tribe.
                            Cool, we could have huge barbarian empires, on maps such as Imperialism. I like it. Looks like the editor becomes more and more a scenario editor, not only a rules editor. There is still much to do though.

* Editor: Improved starting locations for scenarios only.
                            What does it mean precisely ? I doubt this is a fixed starting position, it would have been advertised much more
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• [Hagbart mode] Hey you know what would be really cool. A minimap in the editor!! [/Hagbart mode]

Jesus H Christ, how about an eqally annoying e-mail spam fest to Firaxis. I´m sure they give it to you then...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• hi ,

"start" ; what about the fact that one should be capable to chose the number of starting units ; for the human player and/or for the AI and /or for both ? maybe even for each civ something different , of course there should be a limit , lets say 8 or so .

example ;
                                Indians , 2 settlers , 1 worker , 2 defensive units ,
                                Greece , 1 settler , 2 def u , 2 offensive units ,
                                America , 1 settler , 2 workers , 2 scouts , 2 def u
                                , .............

just imagine , taking in mind the UU , unique units and all , that would change a lot !

have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                                X