No announcement yet.

it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! I really like the HP bonus thing! I'm going to add identical but HP beefier units that cost 1 pop point, for those who like to have fewer but stronger units. Plus make armoured units have more HP.

Love that more resources can now be shown.

Also looks like changes will make game more balanced. More corruption fightin power!

Hope there's something to replace the lost god mode save cheat. That was really really helpful to check if the AI was able to make use of the mods I made.
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

* Updated resource icon loading so that it's not hard-coded.
      Any number of resource icons can now be loaded from resources.pcx as
      longs they are 49x49 with a 1-pixel border (and don't forget to update
      resource_shadows.pcx).

Yes, no more having to check my mulitple icons to see which resource it actually is. They'll all look different! Thank you!

I'm going to miss those gov specific wonder effects that linger though, I was just getting to like those.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Originally posted by Dominae

I thought that the only way to get a city to produce over 2 food on the center tile (under Despotism anyway) was to have a special resource there (i.e. Wheat). I'm sure ICS doesn't depend on placing all cities on food-rich resources.

Dominae
        *shrug*

beats me
        "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

**Editor: Fixed some bugs with Add/Delete buttons.

That means that i no longer add new civilizations via Rename -> ESC -> "a" ?
          What happen with my actual mod? I succesfully add 12 new civilizations and the game plays very well (still crashes on F4 and F7). Can i still use my mod with 1.21f?
          CMT still works for adding new civilizations?

Cya!

Comment

Yea!

All I can say is good work. My favourite changes:

1. The ability for lethal bombardment. My question is does the flag work by the attacking unit or the one being attacked. For instance, I like having infantry survive bombardment since I don't think many wars are won through wiping out soldiers through bombardment. Ships however should be sunk through bombardment and tanks destroyed.

2. The ability to remove options from the game menu. Key to making a good clean mod.

3. The ability to remove redundant civs. This is awesome. No mod needs that many civs. I was hoping for this one.

And my final question is what about existing mods? are they pooched? I hope not!!!

Comment

duplicate doh!

Comment

What does it mean, to be able to remove "redundant" civs?

Patch looks good
                I hate oral!!

Comment

Damn...

I still want to see the city radius on the main map view more than anything. SMAC/X had this, and for terraforming/land working it is very convienient. Yet in Civ III, unless you want the ugly gridlines on, you have to click open the damn city display, check its borders, and then go back to your worker and give it its orders. A large pain in the ass, and, I feel, a backward step in the gameplay. It's so much easier to have it right there on the map. Is there any way I could force the game to display this?
                  Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

hi , huh everyone hé

okay , so , lets get this correct , ya cant restrict movement in the mountains , but ya could give a movement bonus , or take it away on the 3 different sea squares ? , bong , someting seems not right with it , why not keep mountain restriction and ad the sea option .

and how can they know if one uses it or not , their spyware cant be that good , was there a poll or so , ....................????????
                    i did not see it

allas , have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Miznia: I mean that from what I read you can have a mod that only allows certain civs to be played. For instance if you were doing Falkland Island Mod then you can limit the mod to be played by just Argentina and Great Britain. Very handy if you want to make just about any mod.

Comment

hi ,

idea , Gramphos , maybe something for you as well ;

starting location(s) , in the editor , and just have two fields per civ , one field giving the latitude the other the longitude .

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Re: it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Looks good. I especially like

Originally posted by MarkG
                          * Editor: Added HP bonus to the Units page. The bonus can be
                          anywhere from -20 to +20.
                          * Editor: Added new unit abilities to allow bombarding to be
                          lethal against land and/or sea units.
                          * Editor: Added multiple AI strategies for units.
                          *Any number of resource icons can now be loaded from resources.pcx as
                          longs they are 49x49 with a 1-pixel border (and don't forget to update
                          resource_shadows.pcx).
                          * Fixed building prerequisites to allow buildings to require
                          buildings that are bestowed by other buildings but only if 1 is
                          required. If more than 1 or required, they must actually be built.
                          * Wonders now work with the government specific field.
                          * Fixed bug that caused government-specific wonders and
                          improvements to continue functioning when the government is changed.
                          * Updated water unit movement to take into account the cost of the terrain type.
                          These'll make the mod I'm working on much cooler. Too bad I'm going to washington this weekend, I'll have to wait to try the new patch.

P.S. please add a minimap in the next patch. Thank you.
                          "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners." - Edward Abbey
                          http://www.anarchyfaq.org

Comment

A couple points:

- The culturally linked starting locations option has been moved to the player setup screen since having it as a preference was pointless being that changing it during the game had no effect.

- The Mounted ability was removed because it had no effect on the game. A Mounted unit was no different than a non-Mounted unit, all other stats being equal. We used it initially to prevent some units from getting in helicopters (if NOT Mounted AND NOT Wheeled) but we replaced that concept with the Foot Soldier ability before shipping the original game.

- Existing mods should still work. Anything we added in this patch that is missing from your mod should be automatically added when you start a game with it. Note, however, that any changes to the default rules will not be included in your modified rules unless you manually make those changes to your mods (this has been the case with all previous versions as well). BIC files are backwards-compatible.

- Issues with upgrading and fortifying have been fixed (I think that was missing from the readme). If units were upgraded while fortified they will stay fortified after upgrading.

- Restarting civs has always been a feature. The new option allows you to turn it off.
                            Mike Breitkreutz
                            Programmer
                            FIRAXIS Games

Comment

hi ,

one has just spend a couple dys on a map and on a mod , .....then that person starts to play , and play , its a 255x255 map , so about a week later the player sees certainly that he forget something , in his rush , .........mamamiaaaaa

so , a cheat would do a lot here , Firaxis ,..........

hmmmm , so foot / mouted , will we see units like a catapult moving over mountains ? , fun , must be nice with tha snow , .....

what about some "blank space" for units , huh , one could even use the pics of the existing units but with other capabilities .

what about corruption , sometimes one can not build 2 wonders , at least one of them , you give for example both "lowers corruption"

have a nice day

Comment

Thanks Mike for posing some clarification. And to the Firaxis team for a big patch that must have taken some work.

- Existing mods should still work. Anything we added in this patch that is missing from your mod should be automatically added when you start a game with it. Note, however, that any changes to the default rules will not be included in your modified rules unless you manually make those changes to your mods (this has been the case with all previous versions as well). BIC files are backwards-compatible.
                                However, I think I get it

OK. So the mod that you make can still *run* on the patched game. But, if the default rules were changed then I must match those changes if I want them in the mod. Makes sense.

I can breath a sigh of relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X