it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyh
    Some thing tells me they don't want us to play with the save game files!!!

Probably been forced in by Infogrames.
    Well, CPT might no longer be needed, and the SGS's should be able to recreate. I think a lot of fans have been mad on 1MB+ saves, compression is good, and hopefully it isn't highly compressed, so it should be possible to decompress it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
      Finally Bombers and Artillery are able to kill units!!
      ata
      Only if you play a scenario or did I miss something here?
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Sounds like they've been busy, some good stuff in this.

* Updated All Terrain As Roads unit ability to work with water units.
        * Updated water unit movement to take into account the cost of the terrain type.

This sounds interesting... Could make anciient ships move very slowly in the oceans, but good movement on the coast, but modern ships move as road everywhere and zip around the map like anything... interesting...

Pingu:

Comment

no minimap in editor?? Its almost impossible to make an accourate map without a minimap!!
          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

gramphos, this kind of stuff is decided instantly and collectively on both of dan's and mine brains under certain unwritten, tried, and mutually accepted rules that have been in use since the creation of this site
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hrm... they mention something about a fix with the add/delete buttons... I wonder if this is taking out the bug that lets you use them even when they're not present, or adding a few more in. I'm guessing it's the former, though with some of the changes being made, it can't be too long until the latter comes about.

Comment

"Editor: Added new unit abilities to allow bombarding to be
                lethal against land and/or sea units."

Thank Odin!
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Looks like a lot of good additions and changes.

One point I'd like to make in case a firaxian passes by is the icon limits. 82! We cant add new techs without re-using an icon and now we find a similar prob with the units_32.pcx. I'm sure this "small detail" has caused a lot of hair pulling by a few fans who have installed some mods.

Is the number 82 something special like the number 42? If not lets increase it !!!!!
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Very very good!!! (except the thing that will make newly discovered civs automatically come up...i like being able to specify where each is...) The changes Gramphos mentioned are definitely the best (YAY UNITS CAN HAVE DIFFERENT HP #'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Editor: Added HP bonus to the Units page. The bonus can be
                      anywhere from -20 to +20.

Explanation by Mike B on civfanatics:
                      You can assign a hit point bonus on a per unit basis. For example, if you give Warriors a bonus of 5, Conscript Warriors will have 7 hit points, Regular Warriors will have 8, Veteran Warriors will have 9, and Elite Warriors will have 10 hit points.

Now that means you can have negative HP! Would this mean the unit dies directly after it is build?
                      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Gramphos,

* Fixed bug in script with duplicated/missing key for science
                        advisor (strong funding message had the same key as average funding).

Is this the one you mentioned the other day?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyh
                          Gramphos,

* Fixed bug in script with duplicated/missing key for science
                          advisor (strong funding message had the same key as average funding).

Is this the one you mentioned the other day?
                          Yes, it's the one.
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Franses
                            Now that means you can have negative HP! Would this mean the unit dies directly after it is build?
                            A living unit can never have less than 1 hit point. If you give a negative bonus to a unit, it will have lower-than-normal hit points but never less than 1. Using my previous example, if you give Warriors a -2 hit point bonus, Conscript Warriors will have 1 hit point, Regular Warriors will have 1, Veteran Warriors will have 2, and Elite Warriors will have 3 hit points.
                            Mike Breitkreutz
                            Programmer
                            FIRAXIS Games

Comment

redundant post.
                              Dan Magaha
                              Firaxis Games, Inc.
                              --------------------------

Comment

Will this patch affect our mods? That is will we have to redo them?
                                Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Working...
                                X