No announcement yet.

it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I forgot to check one thing before I deleted the game, but judging from Bills comment on the previous page, they still haven't fixed the combat settler issue?
    Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

• Anybody interested in talking about the patch?
      ------------------------------------
      Cheers
      Exeter.
      -------------------------------------

Comment

• oh dear a typical firaxis patch *smile*

they put wonderful things in it, like the adjustable hp's etc etc, but the BASICS of an editor (minimap! - starting locations! - placeable units!) are still - 6 months after release!!! - not included.

I mean, what's up with them? isn't it more difficult to put lethal bombardement inside, than to create a minimap?

don't understand me wrong, I love the new things - but maybe they should focus on the really nescessary things FIRST..

oh and btw: why do they put things inside, NO ONE wanted? Like:

* Game settings are now stored in any save file that uses
        them. This prevents players from altering their BIC file and using it in an existing game.

Which makes Modifications more difficult, because you cannot use "try and error" to determine if something works.

After all this patch is nice, but it laks importance.

Comment

• Excuse me, I downloaded and installed the patch but I don't know how to activate these 2 new features : Lethal bombardment and turning off seed number. Combat results are still the same. I still lost a veteran Cavalry to regular Pikeman. Please enlighten me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gelvan
            oh and btw: why do they put things inside, NO ONE wanted? Like:

* Game settings are now stored in any save file that uses
            them. This prevents players from altering their BIC file and using it in an existing game.

Which makes Modifications more difficult, because you cannot use "try and error" to determine if something works.

After all this patch is nice, but it laks importance.
            From what I have a LOT of people like the one reason for doing that. MULTIPLAYER. Not that I care, I don't have an interest in multiplayer but this stops cheating by modding the bic that everyone else agreed to play.

From some reason a lot of people actually do cheat in multiplayer. Some seem to think its funny. I suppose it is to the cheater.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTRY
              Excuse me, I downloaded and installed the patch but I don't know how to activate these 2 new features : Lethal bombardment and turning off seed number. Combat results are still the same. I still lost a veteran Cavalry to regular Pikeman. Please enlighten me.
              I enlight you!

Pikemen in 7+pop city has 50% city defense bonus. Now add fortify bonus (+25%), and you get 3*1.75=5.25
              Now 6 vs 5.75 is much difference.
              Right?

P.S.
              If city is metropolis (13+pop) it's even worse.
              Then defense of pikemen is 1.25*3 = 6.25.

Conclusion: Being killed by pikemen is common thing, but retried will always help you to lower your casulties. (and artillery too)

Comment

• DTRY,
                Lethal Bombardment Settings: They are in the Editor, Units tab. Select desired unit (at top), then use Unit Abilities in lower left. Control-Click on Lethal Land (or Sea) Bombardment at the bottom of the scroll list.

Random Seed: It's in the Player Setup screen when you start a new game, last of the radio buttons in the Rules section.

Comment

• So, if I want to disable random seed number I must start a new game? And if I want to use lethal bombardment I must change units in the editor myself and start a new game also? Too bad.

By the way, thanks player1 to display the statistics to me. I was attacking the enemy capital (size 12) , so I have no other question about the loss.

Comment

• hi ,

still no increase in airunits distance , .............
                    however it was asked in the last chat , and the response was , ....

no comment ,.......

hmmmm , that would be in a while i believe, ............

as for the rest , well , have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• @Ethelred
                      Oh dear. The ones who want to cheat will do it anyway. And btw, what sort of human beings are they? I mean cheating in a multiplayer civ game? what for?

but however, why does firaxis care about some single-minded cheaters? they should care about starting options etc. and NOT about things the players may discuss among each other.

I hate the matter of fact, that modding now is more dificult, because that means to restart everytime from the beginning, if something I planned did not work or produced a crash (luxury...)

So this "preventing players to..." is just ridiculous. Especially if one thinks about all the errors still occuring. The programers should look that they make this game running, and all the things about cheating should NOT care the programmer.

Especially not if that means making moding more complicated!

Comment

Working...
                      X