• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike for your explanation.
    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Holy smoke two at once

Glad to see it

What about the icons? It doesnt limit the number of units or techs (that we know of) but it is a pain!
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Firaxians: Minimap?

Hello Firaxians!
        Why did you choose not to include a minimap in the editor. It can't be that hard. Did you not have the time for it?

Other than that the patch looks very cool!
        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Is the new BIC-version 3.08, or is it more then that?
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
            What about the icons? It doesnt limit the number of units or techs (that we know of) but it is a pain!
            See the following:

* Updated resource icon loading so that it's not hard-coded.
            Any number of resource icons can now be loaded from resources.pcx as
            longs they are 49x49 with a 1-pixel border (and don't forget to update
            resource_shadows.pcx).
            * Updated unit icon loading so that it's no longer hard-coded.
            Any number of unit icons can now be loaded as long as they are 32x32
            with a 1-pixel border.
            Tech icons are probably still a problem for now...
            Mike Breitkreutz
            Programmer
            FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Wow, sounds like a lot of good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS

See the following:

Thanks I just spotted it myself (its all those small letters so close together it makes my brain go numb), but you beat me to the post
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
                  Originally posted by SpencerH

See the following:

* Updated resource icon loading so that it's not hard-coded.
                  Any number of resource icons can now be loaded from resources.pcx as
                  longs they are 49x49 with a 1-pixel border (and don't forget to update
                  resource_shadows.pcx).
                  * Updated unit icon loading so that it's no longer hard-coded.
                  Any number of unit icons can now be loaded as long as they are 32x32
                  with a 1-pixel border.

Exactly what has been changed? is it the number limit? How is it working now, does the units need to be on the same line, or can I place then randomly in the file, Just because it looks fun, as long as I keep a border around each icon?
                  Can I increase width and hight how mush i want, or is there any other limits?

Comment

Hmm, looks promising. I wonder exactly how much they "adjusted advance trading rates for the AI." Can't wait to find out, actually.

Courthouses, Police Stations & WLTKD stronger versus corruption/waste - ok with me, but at this point the main issue with corruption is the optimal # of cities, not the effect of CH's and PS's. But then again, I was pretty much ok with corruption under 1.17 (at least on normal maps, dunno about large/huge).

Personally, I like the decreased map sizes, but I can imagine some who like playing on truely huge maps will be annoyed.

Draft/Hurry penalty dropped to 20 turns = good, especially for the AI. First pop sacrifice = 20 shields instead of 40... fine, will take a little getting used to, but fine.

Updated water unit movement to take into account the cost of
                    the terrain type.

Hmm... does this suggest that oceans will require more mp's than coast?

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It all sounds interesting. Will any of these changes actually make the AI play differently, e.g. in tech trading or better use of bombardment units?
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

What does "[color={qcolor}]Editor: Exposed AI to AI trade rate.[/color]" mean?
                        Is it a rate for how the AI trade tach added to the editor? Where in the editor?

Comment

Interesting list of changes.

I think that with a few more, Civ III will actually be playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            Personally, I like the decreased map sizes, but I can imagine some who like playing on truely huge maps will be annoyed.
                            We changed the default size of these maps. The max. allowed size in the editor is unchanged.

Originally posted by Arrian
                            Updated water unit movement to take into account the cost of
                            the terrain type.

Hmm... does this suggest that oceans will require more mp's than coast?
                            This will only have an effect if you change the movement cost of water tiles. Currently Coast, Sea, and Ocean all have a movement cost of 1.
                            Mike Breitkreutz
                            Programmer
                            FIRAXIS Games

Comment

* Adjusted advance trading rates for AI.

Could you give us the details on this one?
                              /Cesa

Comment

I understood the map size change was just for the default maps - what I meant was that people who like to play on the really big maps all the time can't just fire up a new game (random map) at that size - now they have to use the editor or download a huge map, no? No skin off my nose either way.

Thanks for the clarification regarding ship movement. That's cool.

Thanks again for the responses.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X