it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chiefpaco
    About the abandoning cities, I'm not clear on how it works yet. If it was instant, wouldn't a "capture & abandon" be better than a raze?
    hi ,

well , normally if it is a city of a certain size , and you raze it , in return you get some workers .

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
      I'm very happy with the newpatch, esp. with all the editor issues :

I love this : you can now give specific techs to Civs and forbid them to trade (by setting the trade rate to 0). It reminds me of the "after the apocalypse" scenario for Civ2

Let's see if I understand. You can give a tech to a civ at start with trade equal to '0' they can't trade it. Ok, first techs aren't that significant. BUT does this mean there is now an option to disable tech trading? That would be an unique solution to tech devaluation and tech trading.

Comment

• Originally posted by panag
        hi ,

idea , Gramphos , maybe something for you as well ;

starting location(s) , in the editor , and just have two fields per civ , one field giving the latitude the other the longitude .

have a nice day
        Let's wait and see what the new editor gives us. It sounds as you at least could work with some civ-specific things on the map (as the active civ shows in the status bar)

And yes, I've been planning an updated version of the CPF-format which should have
        a) sight calculations made on the connection
        b) checksum calculation of the maps so that the CPFs can be used withthe right CPF, and so that the tool can look for the right CPF for a save before it asks. But this are just visions, which maybe never will be made, if the editor can place the locations in the right place as I really thing it can. I think it said something about starting locations for scenarios in the readme...
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• hmm did I miss something? Is there ability to place units on a map for scenario creation? With this we all can begin creating scenarios!

The basic Civ2 scenario editor should of been the basics for this Civ3 editor. Everything from Civ2 editor should be included and then begin expanding from there!

Well some good changes so far, guess we have to wait and see.

Civfan......
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Let's wait and see what the new editor gives us. It sounds as you at least could work with some civ-specific things on the map (as the active civ shows in the status bar)

And yes, I've been planning an updated version of the CPF-format which should have
            a) sight calculations made on the connection
            b) checksum calculation of the maps so that the CPFs can be used withthe right CPF, and so that the tool can look for the right CPF for a save before it asks. But this are just visions, which maybe never will be made, if the editor can place the locations in the right place as I really thing it can. I think it said something about starting locations for scenarios in the readme...
            hi ,

"visions" , .....

Gramhos , my dear friend (oh-oh , i call you "friend , watch out ) , if there is anyone here who can put his , huh , or someone else ideas in to "useful" "things" , programs then its you , no , this is no back kissing , no , this is just a fact .

i dont know if we understand one and an other , but i would "vision" this , in the editor , under general options , that grey window , civ no , so and so , 2 empty fields that you can fill in , longitude , xxxxxxx , latitude , yyyyyyyy , simple , ..........i know its not , but that would be the best thing , hmmmm , i wish i could draw an example , maybe later .

Gramhos , huh , units 32pics , marla's map , huh , any solution yet ? , i reformated the pc , and i have to wait for my laptop , he (laptop) is for a month in thailand , on holiday , ya see , please ,...........

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by monkspider
              Can any Firaxian comment on whether the AI tech-trading has been toned down? All in all, it looks like a very exciting patch.
              *bump!*
              ------------------------------------
              Cheers
              Exeter.
              -------------------------------------

Comment

• Planet fall :
                * Editor: Exposed AI to AI trade rate.
                I assume it means we can see in the editor a value, which indicates how tradeprone an AI is towards another. If it's in the editor, I suppose we can edit it . If we set this rate back to 0, the AIs will probably don't trade with each other at all. However, it could affect not only tech trading, but trading in general.

About the ERA_NONE techs, I thought (again) about this "After the apocalypse" scenario for Civ2 : the Saurian Civ will have the "Saurian" tech which will allow it to produce several kinds of war-dinos, while the "Critters" Civ will have the ability to produce their madmax-like units they get from their starting critter-tech. If a scenario is quite scientifically static (a war campaign), exclusive starting techs can mean a big difference.

CivFan : I don't think there is any way to place a unit on the map, nor placing cities (and modifying them etc). The rules editor progresses slowly towards a scenario editor : it has the option to be an "active player", which will be necessary when we'll have the ability to place unit and cities (in 2 months ?). But for today it seems it's only useful to make Barbarian empires of the same tribe, which has no effect in terms of gameplay.

But I'm not a firaxian, and everything I say is pure speculation... Mike ?
                Last edited by Spiffor; April 17, 2002, 17:19.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefpaco
                  About the abandoning cities, I'm not clear on how it works yet. If it was instant, wouldn't a "capture & abandon" be better than a raze?
                  Perhaps the city has to be a size 1. Then it would be ok.

Also, wrt AI trading. I remember from 1.16 to 1.17, they upped the trading frequency to 'all the time'. I assume the frequency has just been made adjustable.

Comment

• Firaxis,
                    Please consider this a love letter. Really. Today, my GF bought me legos, but the news of this patch makes me seriously consider calling off my friday date with her so that I can cuddle up to Civ3. Bombardment can now kill! Last AI unit on a boat can now be sunk! The AI has better war-fighting ability (or, at least I infered that...)!

There is one minor persnickity problem, though. The inablity to change the .bic in such a way that it will effect the game I am playing. I mean, if I start fugding around with the editor, and get all the way to the modern age before discovering that I accidently made 10.10.200 tanks, I want to _fix_ that. But I won't be able to. I understand your reasons for changing this, but I always considered the ability to change things on the fly to be a valuble tool for ballance. Is it possible that somehow this won't find its way into the actual 1.21f?
                    Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

• Originally posted by Civfan
                      hmm did I miss something? Is there ability to place units on a map for scenario creation? With this we all can begin creating scenarios!

The basic Civ2 scenario editor should of been the basics for this Civ3 editor. Everything from Civ2 editor should be included and then begin expanding from there!

Well some good changes so far, guess we have to wait and see.

Civfan......
                      Civfan , somewhere in the forums , there is someone working on it , allready true beta testing , just look for it .

have a nice day

Comment

• Re: it's here: 1.21F PATCH DETAILS

Fixed bug where greater than standard hit points left artifacts on the screen.
                        blitz mod, here we go again!

Updated All Terrain As Roads unit ability to work with water units.
                        So we can change battleships to a movement rate of 2, treat all terrain as roads (which results in an actual movement of 6), give them the blitz ability, and they'll be able to bombard 2 times (but not 6 times) per turn.
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• Originally posted by panag
                          hi , huh everyone hé

okay , so , lets get this correct , ya cant restrict movement in the mountains , but ya could give a movement bonus , or take it away on the 3 different sea squares ? , bong , someting seems not right with it , why not keep mountain restriction and ad the sea option .

and how can they know if one uses it or not , their spyware cant be that good , was there a poll or so , ....................????????
                          i did not see it

allas , have a nice day
                          You misunderstand. The movement restriction for mountains is still in place. This is done with the Wheeled attribute, which also restricts movement in jungles without a road, not the mounted. Mounted did absolutely nothing at all before, it was a completely redundant attribute.

Comment

• We still have nooo bananas.

* Decreased Large Map Size to 130x130.
                            * Decreased HugeMap Size to 160x160.

Edited to add: Yes, the Patch looks good for the most part. Thanks Firaxis!
                            Last edited by Pyrodrew; April 17, 2002, 18:22.

Comment

• TO ALL THE FIRAXIANS:

THANKS FOR A GOOD PATCH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grrr
                                Could they make two boxes for map size in the game setup screen? It couldn't be that hard, could it?
                                Just make some adjustments in the editor, it's easy to do. I believe you can even add some map size selections, if that actually works. I've never tried it myslf, I always play on the maximum size of 256 X 256. I'm glad to see that the maximum distance between civs has been increased. 32 was to close for that map size. Although 256 seems like overkill to me. 64 sounds about right though.

Comment

Working...
                                X