Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obiwan18, you might wanna read this thread too:

Comment

• Thanks Dr. Fell, Lars-E and La Fayette for the warm welcome. I will post when exams let up a wee bit.

Good luck conquering the world on Diety with the Neutral nation in WW2. I recommend it for any civver worth his salt. It's a real challenge.

Diplomacy is critical since you are such a small nation. Try to plan assaults when the cease-fire ends to take 1 German city and restore the cease-fire. You will not be able to fend off any concentration of German naval units in the Baltic.

Don't fight Germany or Britain, try to take Leningrad and Moscow. Try not to fight Russia or Germany at the same time if you can help it. Don't build cities in the far east- you are a monarchy, and they will not generate enough trade to justify their expense, with your capital in Stockholm.

Once you smash through Leningrad and Moscow, and successfully defeat counterassaults, you now have a nation with enough productivity to hold your own. It's still a long slog to crush the remaining Russians, invade Germany and sweep over Britain and France.

There is no way to prevent the loss of Belgrade to the Germans on Diety. You can hold off Tanks, but not the combination of Tanks and Bombers without SAM batteries.

But perhaps the greatest challenge is sitting through many, many, long AI turns...
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
        95 years with the Celts (without huts)
        Celts take Alexandria, Memphis and Rhodes in 183BC.
        Obelix rules!
        One question about your game - did you remain in despotism? Or did you use the single opportunity to upgrade gov't form? In my hut record game, I remained in despotism, which was crippling. Without the huts, I would not have beaten the century.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

• I switched to Monarchy.
          Please, have a look!
          Attached Files
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Well using CiC version of Civ with no huts and playing as the Carthagians I was able to achieve total domination (not just objective sities in 79 turns.) I could have done a lot better but I made some mistakes in sending troops to certain areas too early and failing to prepare myself for increase unhappiness. I only started researching steam engine on the turn before I wo so I never got any ironclads. My only source of trade was to Rhodes from Carthage. I found it hard to get the demanded commodities for Rhodes until I grabbed the Italian penninsula. I would like to know how others playing Carthage faired at how they implemented their trading.

Comment

• goape
              79 turns is not bad at all
              If you like to compete, try to conquer objective cities first (you are free to conquer the others later on if you feel like it).
              Hides as a repeated commodity is frequent in cities built in Southern Spain. It is also in demand in Rhodes...

Comment

• La Fayette,

I have decide to withdraw from the WWII comparison game. I have become quite intrested in the Rome scenario and wish to stick with it for some time to come.

I have a few questions concerning the Rome scenario. When trading with Rhodes initially started I was supplying hides (as much as I could get anyway) to Rhodes via Carthage with rehoming. (I still think that rehoming is a bit iffy but plenty of people seem to be doing it so I decided to continue). Initially I was generating 400g revenue from the trade route however after 'libertaing' Syracuse and Delphi the trade revenue seemed to drop right down to 200. It stayed this way for the rest of the game. This is somewhat confusing to me as Carthage was only growing in size and the Orange (Independants) would of eventually made a new palace. Rhodes demanded hides for the whole game too. So why did the revenue generated drop so suddenly? Is it because the Independants had fewer cities? Also for one turn every now and then the demands from Rhodes switched to three differant commodities and switched back to the originals in the following turn. What was going on there?

Thank you for your time

Comment

• There is a x2 bonus in the early game, which disappears:
                  - either after 200 turns,
                  - or after you have discovered navigation,
                  - or after you have discovered invention.
                  That's why 400g suddenly became 200g

Comment

• New record with Carthaginians

Happy to mention that the previous record held by EOL (74 turns, without huts) is now beaten by mine : 73 turns (1 turn shorter = not much to about...yet ... I like it better that way ).

Comment

Working...
                    X