No announcement yet.

Ban HG in Duels and/or MP games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vet legions are ok...but they have a hard time with phalanxes on good terrain i have noticed
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Non vets do... but I've had no problem with vet legions, even if the phalanxes are on decent terrain. You can usually go on a real terror with them if you get them early. You take a few cities, and scare the hell out of the person so that all he is doing for the next couple of thousand of years is building defense
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

they have trouble with phalanxes on mountains though...i do remember that...

Comment

hell... vet cats have problems with phalanxes on mountains... everything does
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

i had no problem taking out a couple of phalanxes on mountains last night

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
              haha...so what do i do when i get masonry and WC...hm..pyramids or sun tzus
              Depends.

My preference would be pyramids in your Rah rules games.

Comment

that depends too, vet troops out weighs growth, vet troops will prevent many from attacking for fear of going up against vets and b/c everytime you win you get vets....

but pyramids are good for growing mountain cities

again its all situational

Comment

While sun tzus is a fine wonder... it's really just as easy to build a few barricks and crank all your vet units out of them.

However, it's true strength is the "fear factor" attached to it, becuase people KNOW your units are vets, and given a choice, will usually attack somebody else
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming you are wise, plus your non vets become vets in battle

Comment

• Vet units, GW are generally a waste of time early in games, almost never build them, prefer HG, MC, JSB etc as these assist in expansion and city development/ growth.
                      But of course my strategy is tailored towards completing a game to its conclusion over a number of sessions, I have no interest in short 1 session matches and will only play with people who i expect to resume the match at a later date with me.

Early wars usually cost too dearly in expansion and city development, so i give all wonders of military significant a wide berth normally

Comment

• Originally posted by trev

Early wars usually cost too dearly in expansion and city development, so i give all wonders of military significant a wide berth normally
                        You'll fit in nicely with the Aussie game......you're not allowed to attack before 1800.

Expansion is all well and good (though happy wonders can become a crutch) but you have to be able to stop people taking it all away from you.

Comment

• If everyone played multi session games like us then I think most people would avoid early war. The reason is if one player isn't engaged in the war they get an unbeatable advantage through peaceful development.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• That's why you involve EVERYBODY in wars

And a single player going to war can really give you a big lift. While somebody else is building the important wonders, you are building the army that will take it away from them. Usually far cheaper than building the wonders
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Its not usually possible to engage everyone in the war. Someone will be tucked safely away somewhere.

The units thing - I can see that in 2x, much harder in 1x.

Deity never builds any wonders and he plays better than anyone I know.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• It works the same in 1x. You use your military to take the cities away from people that they have been building them so nicely for you And you even get a free science out of the deal. It's the one two punch. Send in a dip, steal a tech... take the city, and get another one
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X