Ban HG in Duels and/or MP games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming

Uhhh... I said "When you get WC from a hut and it takes you OFF the path of Monarchy"
    yeah, i understand what your saying, i just doubt you would take iron working as your next tech whether you had mon or not its not a great tech to take as it takes you further off your path, against the ai is one thing, but not often does it work against humans..

and the barb legion, duh its a b1tch...when you only have warriors for defence haha....
    '

Ming i am not saying it wont work, i am saying its not likely to work very often thats all
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Fortify warriors on high defence points in its path.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I agree war... I've only done it a few times, but it does work. Everytime I've done it, it was because I was already working on bronze when I got WC, and it didn't let me take Monarchy after code. In all cases, I was falling farther and farther behind... and since I had production and only moderate trade... and a close by neighboor... why not It was more fun that falling even farther behind... or quiting
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So in other words its not a viable strategy as you earlier claimed but an act of desperation
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Oh... it is a viable strategy. As I said before, it's not something I go into a game saying... I'm GOING TO DO THIS. But, you have to play the cards you are dealt... and it's a great way to play when things don't go according to the typical plan. You have to play the situations you are dealt. And vet legions marching down on your enemy will be VERY effective I only hope that my neighboor has built some good wonders
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• What if your neighbour is usually makeo?

Comment

• Then it would be even more fun
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• What? dying?

Comment

• No... killing
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• haha....agreed, there is nothing better than two armies converging on each others territory, especially when they show up outside the others cities at the same time can you say panic

Comment

• I've build HG in about 5% of my games and I certainly have fair share of wins.
                        My life, my rules

Comment

• It really isn't needed to win.. It's nice, but not a must have.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• What about duels though.........I think the case is stronger there.

Comment

• for a duel HG will give that player a huge advantage, especially if your not using an extended oracle....

at some point you need a happy wonder or you need a huge amount of infastructure

HG is just huge in duels especially since its so cheap

Comment

Working...
                              X