X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• le petit merde.

or perhaps it should be

le grand merde.
    Last edited by Hydey; June 30, 2002, 07:06.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Mmm. That's a challenge. Male definite article, followed by a female adjective, followed by .... I assume you're using a well-known naughty word there, Hydey. Four letters, starts with "s", ends with "t", third letter's i"", etc? In that case, it's "merde".

Okay. If you're talking about Deity, it's "le petit merde". And I'm expressing no editorial opinion here, I'm only offering a translation service. "Merde" is actually an exclamation, but I suppose it will suffice as a noun in this case.

Le = masculine gender
      La = feminine gender
      petit = adjective qualifying a male noun
      petite = adjective qualifying a female noun
      Deity = masculine
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Deity = masculine

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Well, assumptions are part of life, aren't they?
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
            Well, assumptions are part of life, aren't they?
            Yes I assume people are busy watching the wog ball instead of playing civ games.

1-0 brazil at the moment

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydey
              le petit merde.

or perhaps it should be

le grand merde.
              Oui! C'est vrai!

Comment

• I fell asleep watching it.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• That's enough cross-posting, thanks.

Comment

• Je homme

Je ne pas parle le francais tres bien....
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• une peux is better.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Thanks for all the lessons butt...
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Alexandre's Cheval ...

---
                          dieu
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• *waits patiently for finbar to show up and point out I should have used un instead of une*

Comment

• Might have to start a new thread

French group reforms.

Merde

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
                                Je homme
                                Come again? Perhaps you mean "Je suis un homme" or "Je suis un male" (with a circumflex over the "a").

Je ne pas parle le francais tres bien....
                                I agree with Horse's suggestion. And, yes, it's "un" peux.

Comment

Working...
                                X