This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes - he's probably really short and has a squeeky voice
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• But when is he going to get a proper job?
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Hey finbar, got any tips for opening rock oysters? I brought back 3 dozen from the coast and if I stab my hand one more time with the oyster knife I'm going to have to go to casualty.

I used to know how to do it but I've forgotten.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• 1. First and foremost. Of utmost importance. Wear a glove on the hand holding the oyster. Or wrap the hand in a tea towel. Or something.

2. Hold the oyster firmly on a flat surface. Insert the knife into the corner where the shell hinges, lever gently and slide the knife around.

3. If all else fails, leave the oyster somewhere within 10,000 kms of Deity. He will sneak up on it and attack it.
          Last edited by finbar; June 4, 2002, 09:19.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Yeah, you're supposed to use one of those fancy carbon gloves, ya git!
            Either that or just buy the damn things shucked...surprised Fin's ever seen one in the shell.
            Life and death is a grave matter;
            all things pass quickly away.
            Each of you must be completely alert;
            never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• Methinks Horse nicked them from an oyster farm anyway.

Comment

• Thanks - I'm going in through the hinge but I had one last night that was just too difficult.

Carbon gloves? Oh please

Tea towel sounds more like the ticket.

Comment

• Napisan should get the blood off the tea towel. You'd have a couple of tonnes of Napisan around the place, no doubt.

Comment

• Yeah I guess Granya is only half an hour from Albury.
                    Who knew.
                    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Makeo
                      Yeah I guess Granya is only half an hour from Albury.
                      Who knew.
                      Well I did you nong - but its okay I can take a hint.

I'll be down there on Friday and probably stay overnight.

Comment

• *Makeo pockets his passport and flees*

Comment

• Good idea

a. we'll probably go to Albury.

b. I know what he looks like.

c. My children are feral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

c. My children are feral.
                            I am not.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• The way you're sticking up for Supreme&Spotless, we're beginning to wonder.

Comment

• You and Horse are picking on him, remember how old and sick he is.
                                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X