No announcement yet.

Raging Dragon PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of my 15 PBEM's I managed to get subs for 10 of them, and unfortunately this is one of the ones without a sub. Since ANZAC and I will be gone at roughly the same time, and Scott is gone indefinitely, is it a possibility to take a break on this one until when I get back on the 11th?
    Unbelievable!

Comment

• Sure.
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• *bump*

ANZAC, do you want to take over India?
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

• Oh, I see Case. I said on the other thread that this thread was deleted, but I just missed it.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

• I had to use the search function to find it

Comment

• I'll take india, though I think we need Henrik to clear the password...
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• *CIS and APEC are allied
                *The Arab League and NATO are allied (and will both be played by Grothgar untill Jimmywax gets back)
                This doesn't mention APEC and India being allied, so what is the justification for a player doing both civs?
                Unbelievable!

Comment

• This doesn't mention APEC and India being allied, so what is the justification for a player doing both civs?
                  Two reasons a) Because APEC is permanently in anarchy due to the dopy way I made this scenario b) It would be a pain to find someone else

Of course, this requires unanimous approval, so if you're not happy with the above arguments we'll need another player

Comment

• I'm fine with it I guess, but I will be annoyed if a hypothetical war with India would mean war with APEC. I guess you could call it a courtesy to try and be objective. Or maybe I'll just attack someone else...
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

• So Case: there is no way to fix the thing with the anarchy? Maybe we could enable cheat mode. Though I thought if you have no government switching, the democracy can't go into anarchy?
                      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• In most scenarios the one-city takedown in a democracy can't happen, and the only way "around" the ban on revolutions can be scandals in the senate. If there is some mechanism to make the one-city takedown impossible, can't we just toggle it on in the scenario at any time?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

• So Case: there is no way to fix the thing with the anarchy?
                          Enabling cheat mode and fixing it might work. However, while I'm pretty sure that it can be done, I have no idea how to enable cheat mode in a PBEM game. I guess we'll need someone like Henrik.

Comment

• Actually ANZAC and I are pretty well versed in it since we tried to do it in the Second Reich game. All you have to do is load the .net conventionally (as a savegame, not a multiplayer game), make your changes, and save it as a scenario. Then you begin the scenario as a multiplayer game. However to activate cheat mode after the conventional loading, we do have to have the file Henrikized (passwords removed), or it will not allow us to turn on cheat mode ever.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

• OK, let's do that.

Comment

• I think that we may need someone else to 'Henrikise' the game as Henrik's going (gone?) on holiday and will probably be unavailable to do it.

Does anyone know of anyother master of the dark art of removing passwords? (who's willing to admit to it )
                                Last edited by Case; July 14, 2002, 02:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X