The Truest Gift of the Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1400ad.
    I decided to rush Mich's with 200 of 220 gold.We are on the eve of an oedo cycle and the time has come for a change.

I trade Russia for Engineering and Bridge Building.We are/were researching Engineering.I also manage to trade maps.

1420-Mongols build Magellan's.
    Republic established.Celebrating commences in a few cities

40-Invention selected.Chemistry from a hut in SA.This region has been very productive with huts.

60-gift 3 techs to England to slow their progress towards Invention.They switched magellan's to shake's so hopefully they will get shakes so we can get Leo's.

1500-Mongol's declare war near Mexico

1520-almost lose caraval to barb caraval attacking Devil Island.It attacks the city and takes out the phalanx then attacks again.Our caraval wins but only a sliver of red left.That would have fcriplled our wonder production.I build another as back up.

1530-Invention discovered.Turmoil over next choice.Demo or GP?....Leo's and GP will help.So would access to other governments.Chose Gunpowder.
    Another advanced tribe in Australia
    God Haveb reaches size 12
    40% needed to maintain order nationally.One city in disorder in SA.(units away-solved with a new city in northern South America)
    Vikings build Shake's.English switch to Adam Smith.

We are gaining..slowly.I'd say we are around 3rd or so depending on how you look at it.It will be a hard game though
    Attached Files
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

OK. I have a go right NOW.
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Main decisions taken in 1550: stop settling (no more of those ugly black faces), finish Leonardo, go on exploring, give trade a real start (stepwise rushbuilding caravans and sending them overseas).
        Results:
        1 hut gives 200g (in 1580), 1 explorer gets killed by Mongol knights in the western part of what is Texas today, another one reaches India. Lot of black remains to be uncovered, and certainly lot of huts: this map is really HUGE.
        Leonardo finished in 1650, just ahead of the English.
        Gunpowder to be discovered in 1680.
        Lots of caravans on their way to God Haven.
        Personal feelings: our total loss of commerce due to corruption is now close to 100; we should therefore try to hurry up switching to Demo (or Commie, but Demo is much closer now).
        But if someone feels like a warmonger, we are at war with the Mongols who own North America, and are very powerful but 10 techs behind us...
        Enjoy

Comment

Nice work Moi, Smash and Lafayette
          This game is fun. I think we're doing well, though
          Marcel I, yes, you would need MGE to play it. (I think you should see in the civfanatic site how to improve from 2.42).
          You're most welcome to join the game, as is anybody else.
          Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I can't play before wednesday morning.
            If anyone wants to get in front, it's ok with me
            But one would need the saved game, n'est-ce pas LaFayette

By the way, I should try to work on the 1638x20 map for the next epic in the coming february holidays
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Julius
              You are perfectly right about the savegame: très difficile de jouer sans lui.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have downloaded the game and will play it today
                To make war or not to make war seems to be the question
                But maybe that the Mongols have their opinion
                I don't like having them next to us

Comment

1660 AD Adam Smith is build by ... the English. We lose a crusader to much superior Mongol forces.
                  1670 AD We lose a horseman to the barbarians. We discover Gunpowder, Democracy next. None Crusaders in India.
                  1680 AD Magnetism cancels Lighthouse. Vikings build Newton’s college. We find a viking city in South India, refuse to pay 600 gold and are at war with Gunhild. Our explorer steps into barbarians from a hut he did not even open !
                  1690-1720 AD. Nothing particular. I decide to build some settlers. I am afraid we’ll need as many cities as we can. I prepare to trade to Africa where the English are settled. We would need more caravels ...
                  1730 100 gold in a hut on the Gange.
                  1750 200 more gold in a hut, once more on the Gange. Definitely our number one holiday destination ! Already time to resign

Comment

Moi should be next. We need to build SoL and then choose the best governement. I am afraid democracy could be tough to sustain, and it is too early for economicaly agressive fundy, we lack JSB (our next priority). Maybe that our cities in south Asia should produce diplos, while australia and south america provide funds with lots of caravans, I don’t know what the other thinks. Anyway, good luck here’s the saved game.
                    Attached Files

Comment

sorry, today wasnt good for me. i will play the turn tomorrow no later than 3:00 PM EST.

Comment

txs for the invitation Julius,

I'm not sure if I should step into this game though . Don't know if I can spare the time right now. My mood is swaying between playing TA, Empire Earth, Civ ToT, Diablo II, looking on these boards and working so I'm a bit busy
                        Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

1750 damn, its the year 1750 already?
                          1752 Throne room - slick new marble walls.
                          1754 what wonder do we plan to build in gods haven? democracy discovered. i did a revolution, but while looking through the cities in anarchy, and seeing a few with 100% black faces, i suddenly felt like loading back up in republic. bleh, maybe statue of liberty would be good idea? hut tapped, 200g
                          1756 mongols offer peace, accepted. Waka Waka founded.
                          1758 River of Tom founded. hut tapped - horde barbs :<
                          1760 amid black faces everywhere, WLTK day celebrated in isle of men.
                          1762 nada
                          1764 i watch russian troops get smacked down by barbs . God haven builds statue of liberty. I watch the cool movie. Spork founded. Game saved as mu_a1764.sav
                          Attached Files

Comment

smash
                            shall I or will you?
                            (I play tomorrow anyway)
                            (BTW I have a strong feeling that switching to commie is badly needed to fight those black faces)

Comment

I play NOW

Comment

We are losing 111 trade arrows/turn to corruption. This vile provocation cannot be tolerated.
                                It also appears that peaceful rapid growth seems much more appropriate than war... at the moment.

Therefore:
                                1) Magnetism is acquired from the Russians (since galions don't cause disorder).
                                2) Government is switched to Demo.
                                3) Luxuries are set at 60%, in order to celebrate and grow.
                                4) Taxes are set to zero in order to get Explosives ASAP (2 turns)
                                5) It is decided to emphasize exploration in Asia (building of 3 explorers), roadbuilding everywhere (building of 8 engineers), and long distance internal trade (galions and caravans).

What happens next:
                                2 explorers killed in south east Asia (the vikings have crusaders there, so perhaps it's late; we will try to head north east)
                                Steam Engine is discovered in 1776 and we are now researching RR which should allow us to boost our trade
                                Panama is protected by walls and one more musketeer, since Mongol knights have been seen close by and we don't wish to lose that strategic city
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X