No announcement yet.

The Truest Gift of the Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game downloaded. I'm going to play it this evening or tomorrow morning.
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Sorry, new problem : I can't download it properly
      It is called "attachement" when I download and not mu_ ...
      Maybe the problem is with my computer. Would some be king enough to send it to my email
      julius.brenzaida@infomaniak.ch
      Otherwise, I shall try again tomorrow morning
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

just add .zip to it.Everything likes to come thru as attachment.I have to add .zip-.sav-etc all the time.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Same here. It didn't work without renaming.
          Rename it after downloading and before unzipping, and it should work all right. (you can use your girlfriend's name AFAIK, but the end of it must be '.zip').
          enjoy!
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Yes, it is what I did, and it worked. Thanks Smash, I went to the forum to post that everything was ok and then I saw your message
            I'm going to play tomorrow morning

Comment

And thanks LaFayette too.
              You just posted while I was writing my message

Comment

I think you may even rename the file before downloading ( yet don't ask me too many questions in that field, because I think I am definitely better at playing than at downloading and the like)
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

1020 AD Julius Brznd’akil steps on the throne. He stands up for an agressive policy following the advices of the Smash party. We need to find and kill our ennemies. Only us can understand the true gifts of the Gods and we do not need to fear anything. We’re going to explore, to open huts and to look for the building of the greatest wonders Michelangelo, for the beauty of the Gods and the Statue of (Eastern Islands) Liberty to reach the form of government who truly worships the Gods.
                  1040 AD A nomad tribe of settlers join us in South America. In a bold plan, Brznd’akil plans to settle them far North, near Panama to ensure that the whole continent is under the Gods rules. A trireme heads to South East Asia : God shall be known everywhere.
                  1060 AD Horsemen join us from a hut. The Gods are really with us in S America.
                  1080 AD 100 gold in Austalia !
                  1100 AD Incredible : once nomad settlers in the Atlantic Coast of Brazil.
                  1120 AD We discover economics in the south jungle of Amazony. Advanced tribe of Darisuh Kabir in South East Australia. Not the best place, but size 4 with temple, marketplace and granary. The huts are the true gifts of the gods, not the human intelligence ! Porto Alegre is founded.
                  1140 AD We discover physics in western Amazony. Elephants join us still in S America. I swear to the Gods, I am not cheating at all. They truly are blessing us.
                  1160 AD We step in, I think, the Mekong delta. We have yet to meet anybody. But the Vikings have build Sun Tzu quite fast ...
                  1180 AD English have started Magellan. I am afraid we won’t have all the wonders.we would like. But the Gods, yes the Gods : advance tribe of Ghulaman, size 4, on the Mekong. With all the new cities, we need Michelangelo ! Another Nomad settlers near Panama. Truly unbelievable.
                  1200 AD Fittingly, we discover Monotheism and then warrior code, yes once more in Amazon, the kingdom of knowledge, obviously. Our horseman goes up the Mekong, still nobody in sight.
                  1220 AD You won’t believe me, but another advance tribe, Zohak, in upper Mekong. Soon we will be a force in Asia.
                  1240 AD More Nomad settlers, I lack words to thank the gods. With so much luck brought upon our nation, I think it is time to resign and die an happy man. May the next king accept and receive from the gods too.

Comment

I think that Moi is next. The power of hut hunting on gigamaps is awesome. I plan to bring caravans to God Heaven for the next wonder (Mike ?). Some are already there.
                    I’m deforesting jungle south of Panama. A city there should allow us to cross from Pacific to Atlantic and allow us to defend easily South America. A settler is on the right 3 specials spot in Peru (western S America at least). There’s another none settler near the delta of the Amazon. I think we should head for democracy, SoL and fundamentalism. All the lands are prosperous.

Comment

Ah yes, here’s the saved game. That was real fun to play. I’ve never seen anything like this with huts. When the human is behind in power, and especially with new continents, advanced tribe are quite common, but that common !!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

What version of Civ2 do you guys use
                        I have 2.42 at my PC, but I'm constantly getting a "failed to load" message
                        Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

MGE. i used to have 2.42, and i found an upgrade somewhere (cant remember where) that MGEd me.

Comment

i will play a turn within the next two hours.

Comment

log

1260 Hut tapped - The Wheel
                              1280 Hut tapped - Horde of barbs (fuxor!)
                              1300 city of fester founded. first citizen is black . but, the city has bananas, everybody's favorite, so all will be well eventually. hut tapped - free legion
                              1320 hut tapped - horde of barbs, and pretty close to zohak as well . Hut tapped- 100g.
                              1340 Happiest civs in the world we are number 4
                              1360 zohak's single phalanx fends off 2 barb horsemen. I sneeze all over monitor. Hut tapped-atomic theory.
                              1380 Hut tapped - iron working.
                              1400 Hut tapped - free settler. Hutt tapped - free legion. Game saved as mu_a1400.sav King moi steps down after a short reign - i just dont have time to play anymore today.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Playing now.
                                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                                X