The Truest Gift of the Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Truest Gift of the Gods

In the year 4000 BC, seven civilization started to thrive on earth. 6 of them began in great locations with many land to use and make prosper, but the seventh, called the Worshipers, the True Sons of the Gods were stuck on a tiny island in the middle of nowherre (the Pacific Ocean that is). However they had something the others had not : the truest gift of the gods : the real intelligence, not the artificial one.
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

4000 BC, the gods have given us two settlers and alphabet, bronze working, ceremonial burial, currency and mysticism. Here’s the saved game for whom might want to start it from the beginning. It’s deity, 7 civs, raging hordes.
    Attached Files
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I continue the story. 2 whales and a fish is another gift from the gods, but jungle is not the best place to build a holy city. We deforest 1st and found God Haven in 3650 BC, long after the AI civilizations : the Russians, Zulus, Vikings, Spanish, English and Mongols.
      Our 1st wisdom choice is code of law discovered in 3400 BC. Monarchy is discovered but not yet established (Oedo, remember Oedo) in 2950 BC.

Comment

Having played more than 20 turns, it’s time for me to resign and for LaFayette to step up. Lost in the ocean we won’t colonize elsewhere until we discover navigation !
        Who wants to join us în this great and bloody epic
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried to download, but didnt work. Anyone else experienced the same problem?

Comment

right click--save as.
            name it xxxx.zip
            extract

we won't be bothering any other civs for awhile
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by carnide_
              I tried to download, but didnt work. Anyone else experienced the same problem?
              i loaded it up fine.

i'm going to play a few turns, see what i can come up with. BUT, i suck at civ2, and i dont want to bring down a good sucsession game.

Comment

2000BC
                map making discovered
                pottery discovered
                researching seafaring
                monarchy instated
                trireme built
                i crossed my fingers, prayed to the lord, and randomly chose to proceed west with settler in trireme. because mars and venus were aligned, the trireme didnt sink, and 3 turns later, the settler is now draining the swamp on the next island over. i hope i didnt **** up the game too bad

btw, just to clarify: i know its lafayettes turn next, but i just wanted to give it a shot to see what i could do. i'm bored
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm having a little dabble from the start ...
                  Thanks
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

LaFayette, where are you

Comment

Sorry Julius
                      I was busy trying to win civ3 tournament 4 while staying in despotism, and I was so busy that I forgot checking this thread.
                      Does anyone remember whether despotism challenge was ever won in civ2?
                      Anyway, in civ3 (Monarch level) it's done, and I am proud of it because the map was tough and staying in despotism also was tough.
                      Julius, you are the boss. I thank you for saying I might play after you, but this is a succession game in honour of civ2 and moi has played a few turns in the meantime. Therefore I intend to download moi's game (if I manage it) and play a few turns after him. I let you know TODAY whether I managed to download.
                      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I can see God Haven in light blue colour (just as if it were American). Therefore I start playing a few turns NOW (from moi's save on).

Comment

Chapter 3 of the long story of the Worshippers

Thanks to previous dangerous voyage on the huge ocean by our remaining settler, the tiny but already glorious city of Devil Island has been founded in 1500BC.
                          Meanwhile God Haven, our holy capital, had reached the magic size five and been adapted to high speed research (3 scientists, in order to maintain the production of our 2 whales).
                          This allowed us to discover:
                          Seafaring in 1500BC
                          Masonry in 1200BC
                          Trade in 950BC
                          We are now researching Mathematics (not far from Astronomy and Navigation, which are awaited with great impatience by the learned population of God Haven).
                          A Harbour and a Temple have been built, and a Granary is under building, in order to provide our citizens with a high quality of life.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok I'll go next i guess
                            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I think I played too many turns but I was on Divine mission

950bc...The King held high conference with his council and was dismayed at the situation.
                              Truely great leaps had been made by the adventurous naval expedition but risk was great.
                              We shall build a Lighthouse to guide our ships on more distant voyages.The sages are getting numerous messages of other civs and Great Wonders.

Immediate changes were instituted.The granary of the capitol was abandoned in favor of a market.1 garrison was relieved and citizens put back to work.
                              Our mighty trireme was re supported from our newest city as a return home would come later.
                              A caravan was ordered in Devil Island ASAP.

In 775bc a caravan was completed and faithfully set sail sail for the capitol.The knowledge of the skipper proved invaluable as the voyage was without incident.
                              In the same year 2 prominent citizens of God's haven were hired on as tax collectors.The city reached 200,000 inhabitants the next cycle and a third taxman was set upon the
                              citizens.A caravan of goods and supplies greatly aided constuction of the Great Lighthouse during this period.
                              The entire Kingdom,albeit small,was working feverishly
                              to complete their wonder.
                              All was quiet until 650bc when Devil Island required an entertainer before the citizenry reached 3 which happened next turn.

The world must be a violent place as reports of the Spanish demise at the hands of the Mongols filtered in from the Sages

In the year 475bc,The Great Lighthouse was completed.Now the seas are open.....
                              The focus was returned to science once again.
                              In 450bc Mathematics was finally researched and Writing was selected.
                              The temple of Devil's Island was opened and the people were so delighted that the local Elvis impersonator left town as shows were being played to an empty house.

275bc and a settler was built from Devil Island.The fleet was expanded with a new commission from God's Haven.

250bc saw the advent of Writing.Diplomats were to be trained and sent forth with settlers to represent and establish our nation.....elsewhere.

200bc and the King has a dream of great projects completed in distant lands.He sees a beautiful gardens built by a purple war loving race and a great collosal statue constructed by a strange man in a yellow coat and odd hat.

25bc and our expeditions are ready to set sail.Which way to go?......
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X