Originally posted by Andemagne
    is this a succession game?
    Yes it is, indeed
    With in order :
    Julius
    Lafayette
    Moi
    and Smash
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

but moi seems to be asleep.
      smash, if I were you, I would play when I feel like it (and this would give you the opportunity to be the one of us who really starts destroying the English )
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Ok I have the last save.Post if you are allready playing........
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
          but moi seems to be asleep.
          smash, if I were you, I would play when I feel like it (and this would give you the opportunity to be the one of us who really starts destroying the English )
          désolé! i havent gotten to my comp in a little while. i will play tomorrow afternoon. if anyone wants to butt in before that, feel free to.

Comment

yes I have played the next 10 turns.

Trying to build up.Concentrating forces in northern South America and southern US.
            Consolidated region near India.We have a firm foothold here.

Warwick was bribed and consolidated.This city is very easy to defend.We can ship in troops here.We can use spys to sabotage and poison in this region.Vets will do harm and be constantly returned to Warwick.

Sanitation finished off.Tactics,Theology and Electricity discovered.

JSB built.Hoover next.Should be no delay in building.
            Ais advanced in tech and infastructure,but not in armed forces.
            Attached Files
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

smash
              Is it simgolf?

(BTW the region close to India

Comment

(message sent without notice)
                I was about to write that the region close to India is in fact Vietnam, and the long river is named Mekong.

Anyway, Julius, please, play, if moi stays asleep!

Comment

Just saw this thread. Fun reading, makes me feel like starting up a game of SP (it's been a while, but i think I remember how).

Is the mongol city with Magellan's exposed?
                  "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                  Jonathan Swift

Comment

LaFayette, we're not in that hurry
                    If Moi can play tomorrow, that's fine with me
                    I think I cannot play before that anyway
                    What's more I got to play in the Invasion Earth sucession game too and each time takes about forever.
                    The situation is very interesting, though, and I invite everyone to read the thread. STYOM's plan of nuking the whole earth because the AI has 1800 units and 180 cities against our 200 and 75 looks great
                    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Originally posted by Bird
                      Just saw this thread. Fun reading, makes me feel like starting up a game of SP (it's been a while, but i think I remember how).
                      Bird, if you want, you can download the game in 4000bc (on page 1 of the thread) and see if you do as great as our team.
                      I think we did a fine job and were lucky with huts.

Comment

• I think one person playing would do much better date wise.Heck an occ game could be well landed by now.Thats the fun part.Seems everyone has a slightly different plan

The start was slow.Just what the ai needs to hang in there.

and yes..I see many places on this map that would make for an excellent set of golf holes

Not much of Mongolia is exposed.They are located in North America.I have massed a few cavalry here......more needed though.Pretty sure all the ais have gunpowder.

I was kinda searching and hoping to see an opportunity in Trondheim.IIRC..this is where Sun Tzu's is.......we know where it is(find city) but don't know the lay of the land/defenses etc.Plus we don't have any large numbers in any one place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smash
                          I think one person playing would do much better date wise.Heck an occ game could be well landed by now.Thats the fun part.Seems everyone has a slightly different plan
                          So true...
                          and there is another slight advantage related: you are compelled to modify your strategy anytime the game comes back to you after having been played by the others (and IMO much of the fun in this game is precisely to stop now and then and ask yourself whether you might do better than what you are doing).

Anyway, moi, I'm very happy that you didn't sleep too long

Comment

• Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida

Bird, if you want, you can download the game in 4000bc (on page 1 of the thread) and see if you do as great as our team.
                            I think we did a fine job and were lucky with huts.
                            I don't think I could ever play a gigamap game by myself anymore and I certainly don't know that I'd do any better than you guys. You found more settlers and advanced tribes from huts than I would have ever thought possible.

I like the idea of not knowing what the next player is going to do or what my civ is going to look like 30 turns from now.

Keep up the good (and entertaining) work!
                            "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                            Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Agree with Bird -- this is a most entertaining thread, and really turned me on to the idea of succession games.

Is there any reason a Mac MGE player couldn't participate? (I'm a newbie and don't know how well the cross-platform thing works. I do know I can play MP in "mixed" groups...)

Anyway, just wanted to say I've been reading this thread avidly and look forward to the coming installments. Very cool stuff, Julius & Co.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jrabbit
                                When we started this game, we decided that it would be open to any civ2 lover willing to play, even if it were only a few turns.
                                If you are a settler from the land of Ming and Rah, you should be especially welcome .
                                Being a newbie is not much of a problem since some of us are so strong players that what can deal with any situation you would leave to us .
                                Please let us know if you feel like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X