The Truest Gift of the Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the ball
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I'm going for a few days off in the mountains
      I'll be back next thursday, feel free to skip my turns
      This game is going great and fast it would be a pity to slow it down
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Have a nice trip.Some skiing perhaps?

Ok.I assume the throne and see we are a Democracy trying to celebrate our population up.Allright,our Demo is weak but some more people must be good.An aquaduct is rushed in Devil Island and that city goes to 11.Others go to 5,6 or 8.
        During this period,we are continually probed by others most notibly the Vikes.No cities fall but they get our explorer that was just about to enter a hut.
        Soon,we are at war with all.Come get us I say,but little happens.
        I grow weary of our inability to strike back.
        A message of the English,RR and Darwin's voyage is received.Soon after(immediately)the Russians are after Darwin's also.
        hmm...time for action.Scientists hired nation wide reduces research from 6>3.Railroad is soon discovered and the surplus caravans are used.
        You knew it was coming ,so the turn before Darwin's,revolution rocks the empire.Communism is selected and adjustments made.5 turns research and over 100 gold surplus is possible.Better than our weak Democracy for the time.
        Soon more Worshipper units are out and about.The ai must not like what I have done as they all want to make nice for now.Ok fine.Peace reigns for now.

Techs aquired:
        Railroad-researched
        Industrialization-trade(democracy)
        Feudalism-trade(steam)
        Chivalry-trade(republic)
        Leadership-darwin
        Metallurgy-darwin

Was hoping for Tactics but no go so The Corporation chosen(towards Hoover).
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Smash; February 10, 2002, 22:09.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

i agree with the communism over democracy at this point in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by moi
            i agree with the communism over democracy at this point in the game.
            I also agree now (but IMHO I was right switching to Demo 25 turns ago, because there was no nice war in sight and growth was needed).
            Communism is the best government when one wishes to wage war without sacrificing research. I would even advise you to research the tech 'Communism', since it is the only way to get those wonderful vet spies.
            Espionage + Tactics: if you manage to get both, your foes will suffer!

(La Fayette, very jealous because Julius is rolling snowballs and he is not)
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

moi, where are you?
              Please, tell us if you are busy.
              Let us say I play tomorrow unless you tell me otherwise.

Comment

I am back from the mountains
                I can play the next turns today or tomorrow, it should have been me anyway, I believe
                I've just downloaded the file
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
                  I am back from the mountains
                  Verbier? Crans Montana? Wengen? Zermatt? St Moritz? Pontresina? Davos? Klosters?

Comment

1802-1804-1806 : Barbarians threaten to sack Saint-Malo in New Zealand. As we had not checked if we had transports from this port, we pay. We discover corporation and thinking of ver spies, head for communism. Cairns founded in n/e Australia.
                    1808-1810 : An English Frigate sneak attacks us in Divinity. We lose a musketeer.
                    1812 : City of Adelaide destroyed by barbarian musketeers. Our troops don’t fight well !
                    1814 : We sink the *** English frigate
                    1816 : Barbarian leader captured.
                    1818 : Our friends the English grant the Women Suffrage. Communism discovered, Espionnage is next.
                    1820 : 100 gold in New Guinea.

Comment

I think we should build JSB, then switch to Fundy generating as many gold as we can with foreign trade and then bribe cities with spies. Remenber that each city will give 6 gold in fundy once we both have JSB and Mike. I’ve sent a few transport to Africo in the idea of trading with the english, many freights and engineers are under construction. We already have adequate defenses, I think, although, some barracks would be most welcome. I am afraid everyone has a different plan. That’s real fun !

Comment

Here is the saved game, Moi should be next.
                        And no, Lafayette, neither of this winter stations, but, yes it was in Switzerland.
                        Keep on guessing ... (Oh yes, and there was almost no snow)
                        Attached Files

Comment

If almost no snow, it might be on top of the Eigerwand
                          or else Jura? Valais? Vaud?
                          or else Graubünden?

anyway, moi, I play tomorrow afternoon

Comment

I play NOW

Comment

This world is so huge that transportation is a top priority. That is why I decide to emphasize the building of RR in South America and Australia + the building of numerous transports.

1828: Espionage discovered
                              1830: Hut gives 200 gold
                              1834: Our proud city of Divinity has been left without any unit inside, and a strong party of 6 barb crusaders + leader asks for 668 gold. I say no. They take the city (empty, but 1 ironclad and 1 caravan get lost) and 41 gold in plunder. Our proud citizens disagree, which creates 3 partisans, and I take the city back next turn, and also the barb leader (150 gold). All in all, a rather winning operation!
                              1836: Delivery of freights in England (South Africa) begins. Best bargain: Silk (demanded) = 482 gold.
                              The spy who was on board establishes an embassy: the English have 14 cities and 50 techs (we have 30 cities and 52 techs).
                              Conscription is discovered and I choose to research sanitation.
                              1838: More caravans delivered and a spy of ours is now sailing close to the viking city of Jelling (in China).

My opinion: our next leader might research Tactics and prepare a nice shipchain between one of our seaside resorts in South America and a new one to create in Angola. With some cavalry and a horde of vet spies, the English might soon begin to feel sorry for being at war with the Worshippers.
                              Attached Files

Comment

is this a succession game?
                                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X