No announcement yet.

The Sweetness and Light Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking more and more like its going to end quickly.

Romans: 2 cities, both in reach, although mostly by spies (we can always poison the water supplies if we don't know what to do with the spies )

Babylonians: 5 cites, 2 visible and in reach, others likely nearby

Germans: 2 cities - may need to trade maps as both are hidden, but should be nearby (seems to be someone's city SW of leipzig based on lack of recentering when clicking there)

then there are the 2 civs likely to be last

Spanish: 1 city - could be anywhere?

Indians: 7 cities, only 2 visible, both are isolated and we are still building transports to get to those 2 cities...

next player can probably finish off the first 3, and with a little luck the other 2 will be gone before my turn comes again.
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• Spanish: 1 city - could be anywhere?
      Somewhere in the vicinity of Madrid, I presume.

Good job wrapping this one up.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by obiwan18

Somewhere in the vicinity of Madrid, I presume.

Good job wrapping this one up.
        probably, but madrid was an island city, so who knows where Seville lies - those AI unsinkable triremes can stray fairly far sometimes looks like 2 of the more likely sites have been explored without finding the city
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• Figures those b*stards would build a 2nd city before our steamer could reach Madrid.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Hmmm a week has gone by & the action cools down...
            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
              Play Order

SG[1]
              SG(2)
              Bloody Monk - temporarily out of play
              SCG
              La Fayette
              -JRabbit
              STYOM
              obiwan18
              Bob_Smurf42
              Old n Slow

5 turns each please
              Have I got this right - or am I up?
              I have been out of the loop with piles of marking, but can now see the light at the end of the tunnel - if it isn't some b*stard with a torch and another pile of scripts

SG[1]
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• I went (5/29, followed by Bob_Smurf) & did some cleansing, but if there is more to do I can certainly go again…
                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Ho hum - that makes it MEEEEEE

Will get on it tomorrow guys

SG[1]

Comment

• Interim log after one turn.....

1874 = . We HAD tanks asleep outside cities with no defence! A number of GRANARIES sold! (We do have the Pyramids); Sewer System in size <7 cities sold; Oh goody we are actually building a granary! Not any more! Someone needs a trip to The Institute! Babylon captured for 401g;
                    1875 = Barbarians develop Bronze Working; We build 9 SuperHighways; Combined Arms->Rocketry; Gems to Babylon, 618g; Uruk captured 298g; Kish captured 108g; Gems to San Francisco, 270g; Samarra captured 103g; hut 100g; Lutetia captured 18g; Karachi, 48g; Dacca, 17g; Oil to NY, 136g;

The SGs well sloshed

Comment

• The FNSGS, Liverpool Chapter, obviously now in sesshionnnnn...
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• FNSGS?
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                          FNSGS?
                          Friday Night Strategic Drinki Gaming Society.

A euphemism for the weekly boozing at Ming's, I gather.
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• ...while gaming, of course.

Hey, we have standards!!!

Comment

• any updates SG's? did we win?

*wants to make sure it isn't my turn and just don't have a save to play *
                              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• continued from interim log above

Port India founded; Lahore captured 10 plundered; Hut Tribe: Himera;

1876 - Cloth x 2 to Maxwells Hammer 578/439; Cologne captured 77g; Bengal Captured 30g;
                                Jaipur captured 44g; Indus captured 19g Ganges captured 5g;
                                Indians Destroyed Other freights60/344

1877 - Rocketry -> Space Flight; Lagash captured 258g; Babylonians Destroyed
                                Lugdunum captured 10g Romans Destroyed
                                Oil to Atlanta 1027g Silk to Heaven's Gate 476g; Wine to Sticky Meanie 234g; Oil to Green Meanie 436; Oil to New York 442; Hides to Philadelphia 456g;
                                Only two AI cities left: Seville and Munich - but their locations are unknown. Bring on Apollo

1878 - Space Flight Oil to New York 1909g Gold to Punjab 798g - Tank kills Barb Leader! Oil to Beggarsville 274; Gems to Nineveh 268; Silk to Boston 1234g; Hides to Philadelphia 548; Silk to Heaven's Gate 740

1879 New York builds Apollo Program
                                Photographs of Earth reveal Munich and Seville are on continent 45 north-east of Nuremberg. The location of Seville so far north of Madrid is surprising.

The next player may have the pleasure of the final coup.

--------------------

SG(2)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X