Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Science Succession ... Sticky Mice in Trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy:
    Improve our transportation network = build settlers (roadbuilders) + build caravels.
    Fight the Indians (too aggressive = must be punished)
    Build temples (hello dave!)
    Build Marco.

Main facts:
    880: Indians take Rostov and give 50g for peace ( I bet that one won't last long). Spaniards give 50g (trib.)
    900: Greeks give 50g (trib.)
    920: Barb king gives 150g . Greeks give 25g (trib). Spaniards prefer war.
    940: Greeks give 25g (t)
    960: Greeks give 25g (t). Japs give 50g for peace.
    980: Greeks give 25g (t)
    1000: Cloth delivered in Valladolid = 44g
    1020: Greeks give 25g (t). We 'declare war' and destroy a number of Indian units.
    1040: We take Kaupang (17g + barracks). Hides del. in Valencia = 56g.
    1060: Greeks give 50g (t)
    1080: MARCO completed. Spaniards give 50g (t).
    1100: La Fayette retires (kindly leaving the diplomatic decisions to his successor)
    Attached Files
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I have the save. I should be able to play it today or tomorrow evening.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

@Jrabbit

I recall you were bumped from your spot - if you want to go ahead of me, feel free.

Just be finished by Monday night so I can have my turns

P.S. There is a Mac crisis in the Nothin Fancy game if you have any expertise to share

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

No, stick with it STOYM. I'm in an Anaheim hotel room, flying home to the Mac later today. Won't have time until Monday at earliest anyway, and who knows what new famiy commitments have been made for me in my absence...

Re PS, just posted my limited input.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Alrighty then... I'm on it after my Conference Championships party drinking fest.

Comment

I went to the john after the kickoff return and missed the first TD... so much for Gruden saying they need to play great for 60 minutes. The Bucs surrender a score in under a minute!

GO EAGLES!

Comment

Wicked King STYOM takes over the reins of power. Hmmm, 4 Civs, none of them very big. We're #1 across almost all demographics. This doesn't look like an AC game

Goals: Finish off the Indians - or at least put my successor in a position to do so, given how far they are from our core cities. Shipchain towards Valladolid looks like it might have been intended for Caravans... but it would work with Elephants, too We'll see which turns out to be more fun...

1100: Playing with a higher Lux rate doesn't create any additional celebrations, so we leave it at 6.4.0.

Rushbuy Pikemen in Kaupang. Production in Sverdlovsk changed to Elephant, ditto Tblisi, Yakustsk - Elephant rushed in Yakustsk.

STYOM stares at Moscow for a while debating whether to buy Aqueduct. Well, my predecessor started it for a reason. Rushbuys it.

Vladivostok production changed to Elephant - might as well go after those nice unwalled Greek cities, too

*presses Enter*

Indian Ellie kills an Ellie defending Kaupang. Bastard.

1120: Aqueduct in Moscow, starts Caravan.

Vet Ellie in Kaupang lays the smack down on besieging Indian Ellie.

Tribute: Japanese 0, Spain War, Greeks 50, Indians still mad

Spanish are nearly done Cope's.

1140: No Tribute. Peace with Spanish, ceasefire violated with Indians.

Madrid builds Cope's. Greeks learn Writing

1160: No Tribute, War with Japanese Fine, we'll take your money the old fashioned way

Greeks warn us to stay away from Athens They don't even suspect...

1180: No Tribute. Athens sacked, and we gain Writing

Quick-as-a-bunny, Diplomats are rushed in Kaupang and Yakutsk.

1200: No Tribute. Bangalore bribed from Indians at cost of 426 g.

2 caravans to Valence, 16 g and 11 g Salt>Valladolid, 12 g.

Indians offer peace at a price...

Kharkov founded to keep Straybow interested.

1220: No Tribute.

1240: No Tribute. Sparta captured.

1260: No Tribute. Dye>Valladolid, 16 g.

1280: No Tribute. Madras was in unrest so bribed at cost of 176 g.

Grozny founded.

1300: No Tribute.

1320: No Tribute.

1340: No Tribute. Spice>Valladolid, 18g. Beads>Valladolid, 11 g.

STYOM throws up his hands in disgust and passes the mantle of leadership to his successor, who will hopefully lead us to better things.

Well, those walled cities the Indians have are tough. Wasted 2 Ellies on them on Madras to no effect. On the plus side, the Greek cities are basically defenseless. I've been rushbuying Elephants in Iron Mountain and Vladivostok, to generally good effect. The Greeks have no walls but a nice handy road network

There are a bunch of Ellies near Bombay poised to sack the city as soon as they finish Magellan

And of course, we have Diplos now
                  Attached Files

Comment

And.....................

.............the zip file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What's up here:

Take a look—STYOM's save has a spurious RR track. Does anybody else get this when they load up?
                      Attached Files
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

OOPS!

Forgot to mention:

1260: Railroad stolen from the Hodads

Seriously, I saw that RR tile as well - and I in fact saw it in the exact same square in the last save (1100 AD). However, when I click on the square, it just says grassland. Maybe a graphics glitch of some sort - I had assumed it was just me...

Comment

Oops, duh! Click on said tile and the map doesn't recenter: i.e., it is a city. I'm accustomed to seeing a spurious irrigation tile when a city appears on terrain we have knowledge of through map exchange only. Didn't think it would ever be a different improvement type.
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                            Oops, duh! Click on said tile and the map doesn't recenter: i.e., it is a city. I'm accustomed to seeing a spurious irrigation tile when a city appears on terrain we have knowledge of through map exchange only. Didn't think it would ever be a different improvement type.
                            Mystery solved I had always thought that it would show as irrigation. Funny, I never see big road-type "X" marks where AI cities are.

I wonder if the RR means something different than irrigation does (obviously it's a city - but why does it not show as irrigation?)

Comment

Canon of behavior of Civ2 code always subject to revision. I wonder how much of it was intentional and how much resulted from unintended effects of some other function?

Comment

[Upper class twit of the year mode]
                                Do I deduce that the hapless AI has been violated at some cost to out previously Spotless reputation! What utter cads and bounders you people are. A true gentleman would not be seen in your company, sirrah
                                [/Upper class twit of the year mode]

SG[1]
                                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                                X