Clear All

I disaggree with cavebear
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I disagree with Cavebear
      I agree with Hydey
      I have no idea what obiwan is saying
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Our destiny is communism, not fundamentalism.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Our destiny is communism, not fundamentalism.
          Cavebear:

You wouldn't be planning a bloodless coup, now would you.

Sparrowhawk:

Just a bit of roleplaying, that's al.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I still disagree with Cavebear

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Roleplaying is good, it's just you lost me in the verbage.
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                I still disagree with Cavebear
                You're just saying that because I was cruel enough to agree with you earlier on a few matters.
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I think STYOM makes a valid point about the benifits of Fundi. (Although I'm not quite sure about the 'Fundy will be better in Fundy' part )

But as distances are so big I think there is a need for RR asap. There is nothing I hate more then moving an army for 20+ turns only to find out AI has upgraded defence making our attackers useless

Besides, we only loose the trade from the newly conquered city's as we can rehome our army's there.
                  ( A city with 1 shieldproduction and 4 waste can still support 8 units under Mon)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

You're just saying that because I was cruel enough to agree with you earlier on a few matters.
                    Stop reminding me

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                      @ obi

They all seen so far away

The minister of war longs for the day when engineers build railways for shipping our howies to the front
                      Between the fact that our former Minister of War, Hydey has apparently returned to Apolyton, and recent events in the game, I thought I would go back and post our goals from a couple of months ago. While they were indeed far away at the time, we have accomplished them all, and currently have no scientific goals.

Would anyone care to suggest future scientific goals (though Howies, as Hydey long ago suggested, may not be necessary ) or are all content to attack with Calvary to finish off our opponents?

Comment

I would very much like to see us discover Communism so that we can get to Espionage for Spies. Quite frankly, Diplomats are to Spies as Settlers are to Engineers and Horsemen are to Cavalry!

Vet Spies have a 60% chance of taking out a specified destruction (like City Walls). We need them. We ned them greatly. I think they are key to our getting through the numerous cities that remain to be taken.

Comment

Vet Spies have a 60% chance of taking out a specified destruction (like City Walls).
                          The GL is ... well great ... and life is short. I think I missed this rather important nugget of knowledge.

Is it a well known fact, a working hypothesis or a rule of thumb?

I assume they have an even higher channce of other specified targets.

RJM at Sleeper's
                          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Well, I checked again and it turns out I was looking at the "Steal Technology" section. There does not appear to be equivalent figures for "Industrial Sabotage". My apologies.

Comment

Well, I checked again and it turns out I was looking at the "Steal Technology" section. There does not appear to be equivalent figures for "Industrial Sabotage". My apologies.

For what it's worth, my (anecdotal) experience is that the chances seem to be about 1 in 3. However, that still appears to be better than letting the spy choose her own target when the city has a lot of white goods. On the other hand, the chances of being captured seem to rise. So whether to specify the target may depend on how many spys you have and whether it's a one-off or part of a long campaign of bribery.

RJM at Sleeper's
                              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

So your spy's caught trying to destroy the city walls.
                                So what! We'll just send the next spy along to do it, and keep doing so until one stops rolling snake eyes. It's basically the same as you'd do with dips in ancient combat, but you use up far fewer spies than you would dips.

Comment

Working...
                                X