Is Apolyton Retaining New Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankychan
    And of course there is the OT people. I tend to semi-lurk there and post every once in a while....although I find it more and more hard to NOT post.
    I’ve only popped in on OT rarely to make comments in a couple of football (soccer) threads. On other boards I belong to, their version of OT are nutty places filled with half deranged highly opinionated malcontents. Is this one any different?
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

On other boards I belong to, their version of OT are nutty places filled with half deranged highly opinionated malcontents.
      Some of us are rather content.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal

I’ve only popped in on OT rarely to make comments in a couple of football (soccer) threads. On other boards I belong to, their version of OT are nutty places filled with half deranged highly opinionated malcontents. Is this one any different?

No, it's pretty similar, except Sava, he is perfectly sane

Comment

No.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

The name of the game is "The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon", IIRC.
            That's what I was thinking of. So now someone with too much time on their hands set up "The Six Degrees of Arnelos".

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

That's what I was thinking of. So now someone with too much time on their hands set up "The Six Degrees of Arnelos".
              The "Six Degrees of MrWhereItsAt" would probably net more Apolyton members. That guy is in every single demogame on this forum, I swear.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

OTOH, you turn up in every damn thread I post in.

Comment

Only insofar as they are not quite as deranged, and you can actually glean some interesting and occasionally useful info from there.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    OTOH, you turn up in every damn thread I post in.
                    Yet there are many threads I post in that I'm rather sure you've never seen (or most of the people here, sadly).
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• I think the archive of all private forums should be available, so that you don't get tempted to hide bucketloads of spam in there.

Comment

• Private Forums

who has been telling tales
                        Attached Files
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Its an elitist club, but doesn't serve to boost post counts. Alas.
                          Well I've seen occasions where one creates an DL to talk with himself back and force.

And I'm so proud to be the n00b representative. I have to say that we have been a little quicker to jump our guns and make the DL dances than the old days (when I first join I mean). Still a few brave n00bs have survived such as GeoModder and Obstructor. It is not easy though, I'm sure.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos

Yet there are many threads I post in that I'm rather sure you've never seen (or most of the people here, sadly).
                            That's because you, like an ideal gas, expand to fill all available space.

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu

And I'm so proud to be the n00b representative.
                              Nah. That's my job!

Comment

• Like anybody knows about you. j/k
                                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X