Is Apolyton Retaining New Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or, should we all get real lives?
    Last edited by Tassadar500; May 22, 2004, 18:40.

Comment

Or even Real Lives

Not me; this is all I have, this is all I need.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

You can't blame me, I have a fever

Comment

Real life is a delusion induced by a lack of online forum fixes.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            Real life is a delusion induced by a lack of online forum fixes.
            I've been stuck in that delusion for nearly 24 hours now... I'm glad to get back here.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

You're welcome, Arnelos!

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                Divisive Personality Disorder. I had thought that you, of all people, would have known.
                I knew, but he wasn't sure.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

@Tehebn: OK! Happy to be of help.

Comment

This thread is fascinating.

I totally agree that I feel like I know more posters more than others. I don't play Civ so I don't know a lot of people that come from there...but I like to think that I know more of the AC people. And of course there is the OT people. I tend to semi-lurk there and post every once in a while....although I find it more and more hard to NOT post.

Intimate, yet stranger in a community.

Someone should really do some research into this. Bring someone with a sociology degree up in here!

(this reminds me, I did a psychology presentation on something similar to this. My presentation was on cyber-communities and how people relate to one another. Should see how I structured it. I used Apolyton as an example.... )
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Frankychan,

Some of the people (though admitedly not many) you know from the AC game(s) are also in the Civ games.

Comment

Yeah. I'm an AC-exclusive person, so those that don't visit the AC den probaby wouldn't know me.
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

What's the name of that 3rd rate actor they number other actors after how many films they're away from him?

We should make similar listings for 'Poly, based on having posted in the same threads ...

Comment

You mean the Kevin Bacon game?

Comment

That would be interesting.

How would you compile the list? Since some posts are deleted, you would not have the full set to work from.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                                You mean the Kevin Bacon game?
                                The name of the game is "The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon", IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                                X