No announcement yet.

Is Apolyton Retaining New Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read the entire thread, and now I can't remember what the topic was. Something about how many degrees elitists are from newbies? How long can spam go on before Ming closes the thread?

Some very interesting threads can be ruined by excessive spamming, no matter how expert the spammers think they are. This could, in turn, lead some new folk to feel intimidated. I feel that way sometimes, which is good, because I like the title 'Warlord' and want to stay one for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Aramis; June 1, 2004, 14:58.
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk
      I, on the other hand, went to Jr/Sr High School with Farah Fawcette. That's ONE degree of separation from The Angel. The other degrees don't matter: It's like a Station City giving the road/RR bonus.
      1. Only if you dated her in Jr/Sr High
      2. Nope, according to CA:FT Kelly Garrett (aka Jaclyn Smith) is The Angel.
      What's really funny is that IMDb (always gotta look everything up) credits her thus:
      Farrah Fawcett .... Jill Munroe (as Farrah Fawcett-Majors)
      My sleep-deprived mind interpreted this as "Farrah Fawcett playing Jill Munroe playing Farrah Fawcett-Majors," you know, sorta the way Tony Danza plays Tony [insert last name of character] playing Tony Danza.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The whole six degrees on Poly is much more interesting when using physical meetings.

It kinda makes Skanky Burns my b**** in that respect.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• There's an image I could do without.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
            Originally posted by Bloody Monk
            I, on the other hand, went to Jr/Sr High School with Farah Fawcette. That's ONE degree of separation from The Angel. The other degrees don't matter: It's like a Station City giving the road/RR bonus.
            1. Only if you dated her in Jr/Sr High
            2. Nope, according to CA:FT Kelly Garrett (aka Jaclyn Smith) is The Angel.
            What's really funny is that IMDb (always gotta look everything up) credits her thus:
            Farrah Fawcett .... Jill Munroe (as Farrah Fawcett-Majors)
            My sleep-deprived mind interpreted this as "Farrah Fawcett playing Jill Munroe playing Farrah Fawcett-Majors," you know, sorta the way Tony Danza plays Tony [insert last name of character] playing Tony Danza.
            Monk's don't do that sort o thing, you know. And I doubt that you dated your brother, either. Did you...??

The rest is filler and flimflam. FF IS The Angel!! I have this on Higher Authority.

Monk
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Monks

Comment

• See what's happening here? What WAS a good thread has now descended into a spamfest. How can Apolyton retain new members when a few members take over threads so they can talk about Farrah-rah-boom-de-ay Fawcett?
                Or was that the idea?
                Last edited by Aramis; June 1, 2004, 20:37.
                "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  I never got the DL dance when i first posted in OT.

But then I think I was a prince when I first posted there.

Cause I actually joined poly to post about Civ, wonder of wonders.
                  I first posted in the OT as a Chieftain (I think it was to flame chegitz guevara) but I didn't get the DL dance.
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Na the DL dance only usually occurs when you're a settler. I wasn't DL Danced either but a mate of mine was when she joined.

Comment

• Monk's don't do that sort o thing, you know. And I doubt that you dated your brother, either. Did you...??

The rest is filler and flimflam. FF IS The Angel!! I have this on Higher Authority.

Monk
                      Bah!
                      1. celibacy among priestly and monastic orders has always been honored as much in the breech
                      2. I'm not the one trying to claim the RR bonus here
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                        Monk's don't do that sort o thing, you know. And I doubt that you dated your brother, either. Did you...??

Monk
                        Bah!
                        1. celibacy among priestly and monastic orders has always been honored as much in the breech
                        2. I'm not the one trying to claim the RR bonus here
                        Shifting gears...I bet the poster of FF sold more than one of your brother.

at the thought of Stray claiming he had a poster of his brother on the wall.

The posts claiming this has become a spamfest miss a fundamental feature of a lively BB experience. Legitimate discussions will always generate boomlets that seem tangential to some. The posting experience, which probably is the basis for retaining new members, requires one to overcome the inertia and jump in. (I lurked for more than a year before joining and another year before posting.) Jumping in a side creek is easier than the big river. So don't be so quick to point the finger of spam. You may be scaring away some new folk who were just about to say something.

The only thing left to say is 'Come on in; the water's fine.'

Monk
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Your imagination is getting really wierd, Monk. Too much time spent alone in the monastary, hmmm?

Comment

• Dauphin's imagination is just plain disturbing.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Besides, you didn't get to see what I was originally going to type.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I'm already shuddering at the thought.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X