Is Apolyton Retaining New Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk
    The posts claiming this has become a spamfest miss a fundamental feature of a lively BB experience. Legitimate discussions will always generate boomlets that seem tangential to some. The posting experience, which probably is the basis for retaining new members, requires one to overcome the inertia and jump in. (I lurked for more than a year before joining and another year before posting.) Jumping in a side creek is easier than the big river. So don't be so quick to point the finger of spam. You may be scaring away some new folk who were just about to say something.
    A nice angle.

Comment

• Agreed. When I first joined, I almost exclusively posted in AC-General. I peeked in the AC-Fiction thread, then eventually found myself in the OT. I kept my eye on the threads there until I decided to post.

I don't think I got the DL dance when I first posted there either, but that's because I''m the man.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• /me looks at Franky`s location

It doesn`t say so near your avatar
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by obstructor
          * obstructor looks at Franky`s location

It doesn`t say so near your avatar
          ROFL!

You wisea**.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Glad to make you laugh Franky. Besides, why are you hunting gorillas in the jungle? Is there capitalist exploitation even among monkeys?
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• I think the DL Dance is overhyped. I didn't get it from posting my first OTF post in the then Coffeeshop Thread, demanding, IIRC, an Irish Coffee.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• You think so huh? Who is this guy?

Everybody

Comment

• Haven't seen him in any forum games recently. Must be.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I never participated in DL dances.

DL

Comment

• Thanks, dudes.

This isn't the OTF, tho.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• He's sharp for a DL.

Comment

• Unlike you.

Comment

• Wow, stand back Oscar Wilde, there's a new guy in town.

Comment

• It's a snappy DL too

Comment

• DL!

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X