Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I get a history forum, I promess to spam a bit less and be nice to all the people at the forum.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Do you know something? I think it would be far more advantageous to merely have a "learning" forum, for all areas, be it foreign languages (I'm sure some here wouldn't mind learning spanish, german, french, finnish etc.), or scientific theories, mathematics, and history.

Comment

No need for a seperate history forum.

Keep lurking in the OT, and look through the archives, and you will find a great deal of informative history posts.

Another option would be to start a thread on the particular topic currently occupying your interest and see what responses you get.

There are a great deal of educated people here on apolyton, even a few skewing towards the humanities.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

But the search option is not working, and valuable threads (such as all mine posts) are quickly lost in the OT mud....
          Middle East!

Comment

If you lose them in the OT mud, that means you're not there enough. You can also go to "Your Threads" and find them, if you can't dig through the OTF to find them. No thread falls to the second page without at least one reply.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I think a History forum could be quite useful. There could be topic threads about various time periods and distinct cultures and members could use that info to make more accurate scenarios for Civ, RoN, are whatever.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by mrmitchell
                If you lose them in the OT mud, that means you're not there enough.
                [/quote}

Someone misses my presence? I'm charmed.

You can also go to "Your Threads" and find them, if you can't dig through the OTF to find them. No thread falls to the second page without at least one reply.
                I can't use My Threads, can I.Oh, and I'm too lasy for all that browsing and browsing
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                  But the search option is not working, and valuable threads (such as all mine posts) are quickly lost in the OT mud....
                  hi ,

the search IS working , ......

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

A history forum would be most welcome.

Comment

I agree that a History Forum would be a welcome addiction(err i mean addition, that's it)

Comment

Although, I have stopped posting much in the last few months I always avoided the OT forum because it is crowded and often the posts are not taken seriously. So I would welcome a History Forum!

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Some threads are serious. Avoid foreign affairs threads at all costs. I only post in the Rugby thread, which is more like a pub where you can call eachother what you want and people take it in their stride.

Why the other threads aren't like this, I haven't a clue.

Comment

No thread falls to the second page without at least one reply.
                            No interesting thread falls to the second page without a reply. Some posters even take pity on particular pitiful threads by bumping them back to the front page.

Frozzy:

We have had hockey threads as well that act like a pub, though only during the season, and the playoffs. Another such pub thread would be the coffeeshop.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Rugny threads , hockey threads, history threads

They are all just spam
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Then I would have thought you'd be in favour of a history forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X