This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hueij

I beg your pardon? I seem to remember that the C in "Apolyton CS Forums" stands for Civilzation and I was under the impression that said Civilization is a game that has very much to do with history. So history should be anywhere BUT the OT.

Write me down as in favor of a history forum
    Well the game is related to history but that doesn't mean history is related to the game.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Anyone who thinks Civilization has anything to do with history is seriously misguided.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I highly suspect that I have been misguided obviously owing the fact that I have not played Civilizations. (only played SMAC, but I do know that is is NOT related to history in anyway.)
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

In light of the recent downtimes, one thing this site doesn't need is yet another forum requiring resourses.
          badams

Comment

Putting that spin on it, I wholeheartedly support the rejection of a history forum.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

History forum
              OTF spam
              Babe threads

Comment

I say we kill the Moo3 forums, and replace them with a single history forum.
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I concur

While we're at it, how about the Civ III forums?
                  Last edited by Frozzy; July 18, 2003, 04:40.

Comment

This forum should go too, IMO.

Comment

I thought someone said getting rid of these dead forums wouldn't help with present difficulties?

Comment

Heh...

It's time to face facts. Apolyton is too big a site for this server. And I'll be the first to bet it'll keep crashing. All we can do is get rid of the archives (forums and site), and won't that be a loss.

Comment

hi ,

, well what about a forum fo facts , like the numbers and specs on lets say warships , that could be used for civIII creation , .......

more something like a database , ......

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I agree with whoever it was who opened the thread.

CFC is an example of a great history forum, why shouldnt we have one?

Many of the people who play civ are interested(or might be interested) in history, so why not increase the prestige and quality of Apolyton?

And the "civilization site" thingie is not an excuse. We cover RoN, MoO, EU, we even have forums for Trade Wars, Nation States and Candle'Bre!
                            From the same reason Apolyton expanded to cover more game related material, it should also expand to cover real life material.

Sheesh, we even have a Stories&Diplomacy forum? Why cant it be in the OT?
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

exactly
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

I've always been a big advocate of a History Forum. Civilization is a game about human history, having a decent platform for history discussion would be most fitting. Apolyton is in fact one of the few major historic gaming sites that doesn't have one or more history forum(s) (most other sites for Civ, RoN, EU, etc do).

But alas, I doubt it'll ever happen
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X