This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    Yeah, you're right, almost 1800 post means you hardly post at all.

Just what purpose does having 12 group logos listed serve for you? I'm just curious.
    Most of those posts are from many months ago, not recently.

And the groups just built up and I never get around to taking out the old ones.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

You are even listing/wearing groups that no longer exist
      -
      IIRC that's usually a browser issue............I get it with Opera sometimes.

I doubt it, I only get it when there is heavy trafic (IE6)
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        And the groups just built up and I never get around to taking out the old ones.
        Well, maybe you should
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How about I get around to it if the smilies are turned off?
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by panag
            hi ,

if we ged rid of them , then the next thread is bound to be " lets turn off icons " , .......

have a nice day
            No. The next thread will be "let turn ON smilies".
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I haven't noticed them disappear...........and they are still here now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                Is it just me or do smiley animations stop when 'Poly's server is being used a lot?
                It could be that the smiley hasn't finished loading all the frames, so doesn't play. Or one or more frames weren't transferred properly and Settler2 was under too much stress to be bothered fixing it.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'd think avatars take a little bit more bandwidth than smileys. And what purpose do they serve any way. Turn 'em off!

I don't think turning off smileys would cause any noticeable improvement in performance, but I could, of course, be wrong.

EDIT: Pfft, It looks from other threads that the avatars have already been turned off for a while... Of course, I wouldn't know, as I turned them off through the control panel, but that kinda ruins the little bit of sarcasm up there.
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

I wouldn't know, as I turned them off through the control panel,

I've seen your avatar. Why would you want to have an avatar, when you turn them off?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
                      And what purpose do they serve any way.
                      You are able to tell at a glance who wrote what. And much easier than reading the name text.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Let's turn off smilies

Let's not.
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I agree with the proposal. ASCII smileys look much cooler than graphical ones anyway.
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Let's turn off smilies

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            Seriously. It was fun back in the day when we didn't have pictures in place of text. We could save bandwidth and bathe in nostalgia.
                            This option has been considered in the past, and again in the present. The decision now remains the same as it was then: smilies will not be disabled for the time being.

-----------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

You are able to tell at a glance who wrote what. And much easier than reading the name text.
                              I can get so confused when everyone has the same flag in a thread, as to who posts what.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: Re: Let's turn off smilies

Originally posted by DanQ
                                This option has been considered in the past, and again in the present. The decision now remains the same as it was then: smilies will not be disabled for the time being.
                                -----------
                                Dan; Apolyton CS
                                And that should end this discussion.

Thanks Dan.

Comment

Working...
                                X