No announcement yet.

Sparta-Angels relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we be worried by the Angel lack of response?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Maybe they need some notification to see it? Like outside of the Embassy?
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Geo is online so I just chucked a PM to him asking whether they've realised they have a message.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I posted this in the Embassy:

Posted by Googlie in the Embassy

Greetings:

Although not unknown to you, I would like to present my credentials formally as the Chief External Affairs Officer of the Junta.

Within the ranks of the Junta, with Lt Colonel Kassiopeia undertalking Project RL, necessitating some prolonged absences from Junta activities, the Spartan Federation has undergone some minor reallocations of responsibilkities, and I have been appointed Commanding Officer, External Affairs. I remain co-chair of the Junta with Colonel Maniac (Commanding Officer, Armed forces) and am also responsible for CRYPTEIA, our Intelligence Service. Sparta Engineering Corps, formerly my other responsibility, has now been folded into a new command - Infrastructure - which is commanded by Lt Colonel vishniac. Commander Modo heads up our Navy, while Lt Colonel Snodasmannen is the Officer commanding our Air Forces.

This heralds somewhat of a shift in focus for the Federation as the Junta contemplates a possible longer period of peace on Chiron, although we still see the redoubtable Chairman as a threat - the Hive have considerable forces massed just outside our territory markers around our southern perimeter, and of course, the Hive will imminently discover Doctrine: Air Power, with all that entails for those factions that the irascible Chairman is quarrelling with.

Lt Colonel Kassiopeia had been exploring with you the concept of a Planetary Peace Conference - called under the auspices of Commissioner Lal, Planetary Governor, but chaired by your goodselves as the only consistently neutral faction. Although historically one of the prime belligerents (only yourselves and the PeaceKeepers have not, at some time, been in Vendetta with us), we would welcome a period of peaceful development and normal realtions with the Morgan and Gaian factions. We have managed to truce with the Hive (through the expediency of capturing one of their bases, then responding to their demands for its return by "trading land for peace"), and our relations with the Peacekeepers and yourselves have always been cordial. And, of course, the University enjoys the status of a Federation Protectorate.

So the Junta believes that the conditions are ripe - and right - for a Peace Conference, and we will support the Data Angels in any endeavours you make to ensure that it not only takes place - but is successful

Regards,

Colonel Googlie

Comment

• Well, I guess the peace Conference isn't going to get odd the ground - at least as the RP initiative that Kassiopeia envisioned.

OOPS - I guess I should visit the general forum more often (I'd been looking for a reply in our embassy)

Comment

• Posted this in the Embassy:

Posted in the Embassy by Googlie

To our friends the Data Angels:

Given that airpower is about to be in the hands of several factions, we are wondering if the Data Angels are intested in its purchase? (This would avoid you having to steal from the Hive, possibly incurring the Chairman's wrath, or paying the exorbitant prices other factions might be asking)

We would be prepared to sell the technology to you this turn (on a pre-accepted basis) for somewhere around the 150 credits figure

Any interest on the part of the Angels?

Colonel Googlie

Comment

• The Angels refused:

We are more interested in the purchase of Cyberethics or Doctrine: Initiative at this stage, but 150 ec for them sounds a bit prepostious.

With peace becoming a real possibility, there is less of an urgency now.
                Beside, we trust the capabilities of our probes to the fullest.

Comment

• I guess - as they are currently researching CyberEthics - that we could sell it to them - after all, we need credits as much as they need techs

Comment

• Is asking 150c preposterous when tech costs are rising above 1000 labs?

Comment

• Maybe we could engineer another leapfrog with the Angels - give them Cyberethics when we get it from Zak, then they give us something that we don't have, meanwhile we get yet another tech after we switch from Cyberethics, then, finally, we cash in that AA at Tegea Harbour.

Who knows, we might even get to Fusion that way (we just need, in addition to Cyberethics, the techs of AMA and PSA (and the latter gives us the HSA, a useful SP to snare)

Or maybe we go it alone after Cyberethics for Neural Grafting and MMI, for the Cyborg Factory SP

Comment

• So - no comments on my suggestion re a further round of tech leapfrogging with the Angels?

(Maybe it belongs in a new "Next Technology?" thread and not in the Angels' one per se)

Comment

• I fear it belongs in the "dream on" thread. They already ignored us concerning D:AP, remember?

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                            I fear it belongs in the "dream on" thread. They already ignored us concerning D:AP, remember?
                            No - they didn't "ignore us".

They replied that they weren't interested in Doc Air, but in Cyberethics (which they are currently researching) and Doc Init (they have asked us before if we'd be willing to sell them a cruiser hull)

I think that any of the 5 choicres are do-able with a 3-way (Uni, us and the Angels) - but they'd want the Ascetic Virtues, 'cos that's come up in the past (and at one time we talked of offering not to build it - I think it was for the Int int deal, but I can't find that referencein the Embassy now. And I'm sure that if we went the PSA route we'd argue over who gets to build the HSA as well)

So I wouldn't discount any of those options

The real question to be posed is:

Do we now think that we have a chance of winning by transcendence?

Comment

• If your looking that long term...

I forsee hive being picked apart by the human factions and then an all our fight amoung us for those bases. This would probably happen before transcendence. Personally I don't really believe this new peace effort will last (if it even gets off the ground). If we can maintain military dominance throughout the rest of the game I think transcendence is a possibility (cause everyone will attack us). But then why not win by most votes after we've knocked out a few factions or just conquest victory.
                              -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

• To win by transcendence, we would have to contain the others for good. Just making them a little smaller is probably not enough. And yes, the Hive will be under pressure sooner or later. That is precisely why I wanted to ally with them. The numbers the AI has would provide great punch-takers, allowing us to conquer places with much less effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X