No announcement yet.

Sparta-Angels relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *cough* But of course. That's why were asking them to mediate peace between us and them. However, we'll have to add that neutralizing Morgan is essential and if the Gaians put themselves between us and them, we have no choice. (I wonder if the sudden Gaian support for the Morganites, of all factions, could be spun into some RP goodness. Morganite mind control devices, anyone?)
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• LOL - and I was just going to suggest that we sail the Disco Volante around the Horn of Geomatrix to join the Gaian Expeditionary Force for some serious stuff ( the R-112, the Unity rover, upgraded, the Invincible and the SCC Iaci, plus the Disco would make a truly formidable task force attacking - and holding - any Gaian coastal base)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        I'll start writing the post, then, but I won't put it in the embassy right away in case Maniac has something to point out
        Why, perhaps I could give some advise on the technical details of a DAP trade as that's related to my specialty economics, but you just go ahead on all other diplomacy.

(I wonder if the sudden Gaian support for the Morganites, of all factions, could be spun into some RP goodness. Morganite mind control devices, anyone?)
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Okay, this is what I've put together:

We would like to inform you, that we are now in Pact agreement with Gaian Union. We were discussing this with Gaians for long time and in fact sent the pre-accepted offer in 2164, which was before you declared vendetta on the Gaian Union. This pact is intended as economic in nature.
          This development has caused some concern in the Spartan ranks, but we sympathise with the situation and respect the fact that you are willing to honour previously made agreements. It is just an unfortunate circumstance that of all the possible factions it was the Gaians.

We also would like to ask you if you would be willing to enter the Pact agreement with our faction.
          After careful deliberation, our answer is a reserved "yes". However, I must stress that the nature of this pact must be resolved before we engage in it. The economic sanctions on us will not be lifted until MY 2169, and entering into a pact until then would obviously be of no use. We thus have ample time to iron out the details.

We currently view the geopolitical situation as a very dangerous one as far as your and our factions are concerned. The Gaians and Morganites are, incredibly enough, forming up a bloc of power. With the Gaians and the Morganites in a deep union and us two working as separated entities, we will be cut down to size by the Morganite-Gaian buzzsaw piecemeal until they can sort out the winner by themselves.

The Spartan Federation, naturally, does not like this development and will do anything to stop it from happening. Therefore we believe it is in the best interests of our factions if we form a thorough and full pact with complete co-operation in military, economic and scientific matters. We need to establish a counterbalance to the Axis of Weasels, our name for the Morganite-Gaian coalition.

This pact would then be dissolved by a mutual agreement when the Morganites and Gaians no longer pose a threat to us, and we would sort out the inevitable victor amongst ourselves.

Clearly our factions would complement each other greatly: your probe power can keep our weapons up to date while we provide the actual hardware to work with - the boots on the ground, so to speak. The opposing bloc on the other hand lacks military strength, although they do make up for it by economic strength and taking advantage of native life.

To that end, a pact of such nature requires a great deal of trust. We wish to cultivate this by deepening our technological co-operation with you before we actually declare the pact. We are interested in providing you with Doctrine: Air Power and Cyberethics.

The deal with D:AP is a rather elaborate arrangement, as is expected since it's one of Colonel Maniac's ideas. I will explain it further later on, but in a nutshell it would allow you to purchase D:AP from us for the price of a set amount of credits (100 to 150 EC is what has been mentioned in the Junta meeting).

You would have to vow not to trade D:AP on to any third party, however in exchange for this we would (by twiddling around a bit with our pactmate Lal's research) give you an extra tech that you could trade away at your own leisure. Again, I'll get back to the details - or Maniac will, lest my head explode.

Cyberethics, on the other hand, is a bit more simple matter: our pactmate Zakharov is researching it, and as soon as we receive it from him, we can give it to you, and you in turn could switch research to a new tech which you would in turn trade to us in turn.

However, if you are not interested in cultivating a long-standing and involved alliance with us, we will have to reconsider these tech trades and the possibility of a strictly economic pact.

Any offer of neutrality from your part on our ongoing conflicts would be greatly appreciated, of course, but if we set out to deepen our relationship we will expect you to become cobelligerents and declare vendetta on the Morganites and Gaians at some time in the future.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by kassiopeia

but if we set out to deepen our relationship we will expect you to become cobelligerents and declare vendetta on the Morganites and Gaians at some time in the future.
            Isn't this a tad blunt? In the light of our suggested Peace conference, and the (to the Angels, at least) our purported relcutance to engage the Gaians ("only because they are hindering our war effort agaisnt Morgan", this expectation suggests that we are settling in for a protracted war against Morgan and the Gaians.

Maybe temper it somewhat by:

Any offer of neutrality from your part on our ongoing conflicts would be greatly appreciated, of course, but if we set out to deepen our relationship - and if indeed our worst suspicions are confirmed and Morgan and the Gaians are in it together for the long haul, we will expect you to become cobelligerents and declare vendetta on the Morganites and Gaians at some time in the future.

Comment

• Good post, Kassiopeia.

And good point, Googlie. We want the Angels to be our military allies and we will ask them to declare war if peace talks do not work out.

It is, of course, a matter of opinion (and good... err... management) if peace talks do indeed work out.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Yes, I did get a bit carried out there - I also forgot to mention the peace conference completely. I'll fix that and post it.

Comment

• Looks great to me!

One little thing I'd suggest to change:
                  Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                  Cyberethics, on the other hand, is a bit more simple matter: our pactmate Zakharov is researching it, and as soon as we receive it from him, we can give it to you, and you in turn could switch research to a new tech which you would in turn trade to us in turn.
                  into
                  Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                  Cyberethics, on the other hand, is a bit more simple matter: we are researching it, and as soon as we have it, we can give it to you, and you in turn could switch research to a new tech which you would in turn trade to us in turn.
                  Having GeoModder's comment in mind that they may trade with Zakharov in the future, not respecting our submissive pact with him, perhaps it would be best to leave out the little fact that it's Zak who will first research Cyberethics. Let them think they can only trade with us. Besides, we're not lying at all!: we're also researching Cyberethics.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Ok. This is important, knowing what to tell and not to tell, so that we don't reveal stuff we don't want revealed.

Comment

• We would like to inform you, that we are now in Pact agreement with Gaian Union. We were discussing this with Gaians for long time and in fact sent the pre-accepted offer in 2164, which was before you declared vendetta on the Gaian Union. This pact is intended as economic in nature.
                      This development has caused some concern in the Spartan ranks, but we sympathise with the situation and respect the fact that you are willing to honour previously made agreements. It is just an unfortunate circumstance that of all the possible factions it was the Gaians.

To that end, we would appreciate it if you were to remain neutral in the current ongoing conflicts between ourselves, the Morganites and the Gaians. In fact, with Planetary Governor Lal, we are planning extensive multifactional peace negotiations, and I was wondering if the Data Angels would be willing to mediate between us and our opponents-in-vendetta. We with the Peacekeepers could take care of the actual arrangements, but you would take the role of leading the summit once it's held.

How about it? We want peace, but our diplomatic relations to them have been effectively cut off and we have no intention of trusting any treaty brokered between ourselves and them. You as the middleman would make breaking their word all the more difficult for them, which in turn would mean that we could trust those promises.

We also would like to ask you if you would be willing to enter the Pact agreement with our faction.
                      After careful deliberation, our answer is a reserved "yes". However, I must stress that the nature of this pact must be resolved before we engage in it. The economic sanctions on us will not be lifted until MY 2169, and entering into a pact until then would obviously be of no use. We thus have ample time to iron out the details.

We currently view the geopolitical situation as a very dangerous one as far as your and our factions are concerned.

If the peace negotiations between us and the Axis of Weasels will not work out and it will become clear that they intend to reach supremacy by using military force, we expect you to join us in applying the needed counterforce lest we both be crushed.

You see, the Gaians and Morganites are, incredibly enough, forming up a bloc of power. With the Gaians and the Morganites in a deep union and us two working as separated entities, we will be cut down to size by the Morganite-Gaian buzzsaw piecemeal until they can sort out the winner by themselves.

The Spartan Federation, naturally, does not like this development and will do anything to stop it from happening. Therefore we believe it is in the best interests of our factions if we form a thorough and full pact with complete co-operation in military, economic and scientific matters. We need to establish a counterbalance to the Axis of Weasels, our name for the Morganite-Gaian coalition.

This pact would then be dissolved by a mutual agreement when the Morganites and Gaians no longer pose a threat to us, and we would sort out the inevitable victor amongst ourselves.

Clearly our factions would complement each other greatly: your probe power can keep our weapons up to date while we provide the actual hardware to work with - the boots on the ground, so to speak. The opposing bloc on the other hand lacks military strength, although they do make up for it by economic strength and taking advantage of native life.

To that end, a pact of such nature requires a great deal of trust. We wish to cultivate this by deepening our technological co-operation with you before we actually declare the pact. We are interested in providing you with Doctrine: Air Power and Cyberethics.

The deal with D:AP is a rather elaborate arrangement, as is expected since it's one of Colonel Maniac's ideas. I will explain it further later on, but in a nutshell it would allow you to purchase D:AP from us for the price of a set amount of credits (100 to 150 EC is what has been mentioned in the Junta meeting).

You would have to vow not to trade D:AP on to any third party, however in exchange for this we would (by twiddling around a bit with our pactmate Lal's research) give you an extra tech that you could trade away at your own leisure. Again, I'll get back to the details - or Maniac will, lest my head explode.

Cyberethics, on the other hand, is a bit more simple matter: we are researching it and as soon as we have it, we can give it to you, and you in turn could switch research to a new tech which you would give to us.

However, if you are not interested in cultivating a long-standing and involved alliance with us, we will have to reconsider these tech trades and the possibility of a strictly economic pact.
                      Last edited by Kassiopeia; April 4, 2005, 12:13.

Comment

• I think I've toned down the message considerably. Now, instead of asking them to declare vendetta, our entire military co-operation hinges on the outcome of the peace negotiations. Altogether the tone is now very dove-like compared to my hawkish first draft - the use of force is clearly shown as a tool that we will NOT use unless it is clear that the Axis of Weasels will keep using it against us.

Comment

• been a while since I read this forum, and I must say..

a Spartan Eco-Science specimen.
                          ----
                          Producing Buddhism.
                          Enlightenment is the Base, Way & Goal.

Comment

• It's been done. This is the part where we sit tight and wait...

Comment

• It reads well in the Embassy

Comment

• Thanks - I fixed the language a bit still, like the sentence where I used "in turn" three times.

Comment

Working...
                                X