X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is to Spartans:
    To Spartan Federation,

We would like to congratulate the Spartan Federation of succesfull completion of the Command Nexus.

There is an important issue pertaining to both our factions. It came to the Data Angels attention that Morgan Industries is building the Planetary Energy Grid secret project. If Morganities complete it, we feel that it will significantly increase the efficiency of the Morgan Industries faction and will be detrimental for both Spartan Federation and Data Angels. We would like to inquire if you have any important information pertaining to Morganic work on Planetary Energy Grid? Do they intend to complete it in 2152?

Thanking in advance,
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• And this os to Gaians. In short, I think of getting
      - Social Psych
      for
      - Progenitor Psych and
      - Adaptive Economics

We used already their generosity, so let's repay them in this 2:1 exchange (I hope they will see it beneficial for them). Then we might get Ethical Calculus.

Also some more information for them.

To Gaian Union,

We would like to inform you that Morgan Industries started to build the Planetary Energy Grid. We cannot be sure, but it is likely we lost the race for this secret project.

We would like to propose you also a technology exchange in which we will transfer to Gaian Union two advances:
      - Progenitor Psych
      - Adaptive Economics
      for a single technology from your faction:
      - Social Psych

We hope you will find this exchange beneficial to you. We very much appreciate our current relations and trust you have toward Data Angels.
      We also hope, this exchange will bring us closer to acquiring Ethical Calculus, which is presently the most important our scientific goal since we wish to fulfil our obligation toward the Gaian Union as soon as it is possible.

Mart
      Map creation contest

Comment

• Just waiting for your approval on this...
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

• I would watch going for to much trade credit.
          You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
          There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• Yes, but on the other hand we need a good "friend" I think and hope that if we treat Gaians well they will benefit us in the future for this. It is like somewhat risky strategy, but without risk there is little extra gain. This proposal is 2:1, but I think it is not that much overcredited. Not yet.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• Send those messages but also send. like an after thought, if they (the Spartans) don't know about Morgan build intention, we would be willing to take a risk to try build the SP this turn but if unsucessful that we could switch to say the MCC or the CDF. We would offer Adaptive Econ for the appropriate tech Doc: Ini or Intel Integ.

Likewise some similar to the Gaians.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• If we don't hear back, then I suppose we will have to concentrate on building network nodes and probes, quickly.

I would still trade Prog Pysch and Ad. Econ to the Gaians for Soc Pysch as a gesture of good will.

And maybe the Spartans would trade Eth CAlc for Ad Econ.

Comment

• I appreciate this might be a busy diplomatic phase so I am available most of today to assist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                    And maybe the Spartans would trade Eth CAlc for Ad Econ.
                    I considered exchanging some time ago both Prog Psych and Adaptive Economics with Spartans for Ethical Calculus. Now they have Prog Psych. they may still value Ethical Calculus more than adaptive Economics, so we will have to maybe give them something more.

I am forwarding both messages. The second set of messages maybe in several hours later?
                    --------
                    messages sent. Next messages after some time. Hercules, thanks for overseeing the diplomacy in this moment . Eventis has some problems, I pmed people.
                    Last edited by Mart; December 9, 2004, 06:24.
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

• This was posted in the Angels - Spartan Private forum in response to Mart's message.

To: IT Mart:

The Junta thanks the Data Angels for their congratulations - as we said during negotiations, this was opportunism on our part. It never had been part of our strategy to build the Command Nexus, but it dealt the Hive a blow to steal it from under their noses (they have wasted countless minerals in changing to a crawler from their SP)

Our congraturlations, too, to the Data Angels on the Virtual World. I am sure that Zak had his sights on that one.

Re the Planetary Energy Grid - Morgan Corporation will indeed complete this SP in 2151. In doing so, they have almost denuded themselves of crawlers (just 1 left) and cash (just 16 ec's in reserves)

Regards

Lt. Col. Googlie

Darn

Comment

• nevermind... the message is posted
                        -----
                        andfrom Illuminatus. Positive response to our attempt.
                        Just letting you know we received the message. We noticed all SPs in our turn. It was worth a try.
                        Last edited by Mart; December 9, 2004, 19:17.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

• Back to Ethical Calculus. This will enhance our faction - pop boom, not to mention we would finally free ourselves from need to get it in other means.

To Spartan Federation,

We thank you very much for providing us with very valuable information on Planetary Energy Grid. We appreciate your help. This further shows that Morgan Industries become very dangerous menace on the Planet, and closer cooperation between the three factions: Spartan Federation, Gaian Union and Data Angels regarding this issue appears to be required, as previously considered by all three our factions.

In response to your offer of exchanging Ethical Calculus for energy credits, we would be interested in trading this technology on unrestricted basis. In more detail, we are interested in not having restriction regarding release of it to the Gaian Union, as the Ethical Calculus is needed for us within our mutual research treaty with Gaians. We would not be interested in releasing this technology to any other faction at this moment. The amount of energy credits the Spartan Federation requests, 500 EC, is though very high considering our present economy.

In this regard, we would like to ask the Spartan Federation if you would be willing to trade Ethical Calculus for Adaptive Economics, which we currently already posses. We are very interested in further discussion regarding trade of these technologies.

We would like to inquire also if the Spartan Federation would be interested in trading Intellectual Integrity?

IT Mart
                          So? Any thoughts on this proposal?
                          Last edited by Mart; December 10, 2004, 09:21.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

• Remind them of their earlier communication about the threat posed by Morgan if we three other factions didn't cooperate.

As I said, mention Intel Integ would also be useful to quell drones.

Comment

• Added some stuff..
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

• That's fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X