Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that Doc Mobility and Social Psych were intended to be given in order to ensure us to be able to switch to Doc: Loyality. Both are prerequisite

I think that entering the deal with Spartans in order to allow them build Command Nexus and knowing that Gaians probably want to make it too may stir the situation. Both may have complaints later.

It seems they will not be giving Doc Flexibility to us. The offer was hasty.

So as I understand, should I post the message about possibility of continuing the talks in the next turn? That short one? Geo, if you wish, just copy it and paste it to Spartan Forum with your name or mine. I have to leave for like 1-2 hours.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Whoops while composing the above missive I missed Geo's update.

They offered Doc: Mob as part of the 3 for 1 so what are they raving about.
      Good response Geo btw.

We should re enforce the point we stick to agreements and the reason we don't have Doc:Mob is because the Gaians are sticking to their agreement with the Spartans about trading Doc Mob. So they should respect our agreement with the Gaians about Doc:Flex.

Remind the Sparta that if they want Doc:Loy we are the quickest route for them.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Let's try and clarify if the Gaian's want to or are preparing to build the CN. If yes, then explore with them if it would be in our three faction's interests if the Spartans built it (better to fight Yang). and with the promise of sending us commando level units (to copy). Or if there is any other offer they would like.

The sooner we get infiltration into factions they better, then the techs will just roll in without all this trading.

Comment

• Amen to that last part, Herc.

At least there's certainly a lot of negotiations being done this time, with more openness... and yet... less openness...
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Hercules and Flameflash, see the Technology intelligence thread. There is maybe unfortunate possibility that Morganities will build PEG. They got Progenitor Psych in 2145.

I think of making changes to the recent Doc:Flex agreement. If Morganities get PEG, that will be really disadvantage to other factions.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• I think it would be good not to let Spartans wait much longer. I would like to forward the message below. In the meantime we will clear the situation with the Command Nexus with the Gaians.

To Spartan Federation,

Our current research status allows for finalizing the agreement you propose also next turn without any disadvantage. We do not expect to complete a new technology in the next turn. Thus we can discuss it further without need to agree upon it in the MY 2146 in order not to loose its benefits. There are important issues, which will require from us further discussion.

Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

• Agreed. Send it.

Comment

• And to Gaians:

To Gaian Union,

In one of the recent diplomatic exchanges the Gaian Union informed the Data Angels about acquiring Doctrine: Loyality from Human Hive. In this regard we would like to inquire if the Gaian Union wishes to complete the Secret Project The Command Nexus? Clarification of this issue appears to be of the most importance at the present time.

Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

• I like it. Hints that we feel like we're stuck between a gun and a tree, but yet also is just friendly inquiry among friends.

I really hope we get those probe foils into the water soon. We need some infiltration to catch up tech wise.

Comment

• Agree on sending those inquiries for an explanation (and I hope they're already sent )
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Fresh from the press news from the Gaians:

Spartans contacted us before 60 hours, offering us Social Psych, if we agree to redirect our efforts and transmit them the results. However, the technology they requested was useless to us, as we do not have need for every military technology they might want to. Moreover, they wanted our agreement on not to build any SPs that may be enabled to be built by getting that tech, or more correctly SPs which lie in techs for whom the technology they requested is prerequisite. On top of that, they claimed value for us in getting this worthless technology without applications is in abbility to trade it further - but they already proclaimed that technology is considered common knowledge and as such we would need to give half of value received through trade to them - which is unacceptable. We rejected the deal and gave them a counterproposal, with a number of alternatives, mostly technologies, credits or commlinks to give us in return. They rejected and claimed we wont get anything. We said we won't agree unless they offer an incentive (this was around 30 hours before). They tried to explain that having an extra tech is good (even if it is useless), warned us of Yang forces that are going to overrun us, then sent a member of their ranks to threat us and insult us and then explain that 'proMorgan wing is gaining power, yaddayaddayadda'. They were quite blatant: "Sparta will not waste technologies and energy credits by giving them to Gaian Union - agree to the deal, blad, blah".
                        About 12 hours before their deadline, they presented us with quickly scribbled plan of Fusion in MY 2160. As tempting as it may seem, involving cooperation of us, you and them to get Fusion to oppose Morgan, it was a fake. Spartans were in position to build almost all SPs except Datalinks + they would msot likely research Fusion - question is if they would share it back with us. They did not mention sharing all technologies between each other, meaning - 'you research PolySoft as prereq and stick with it, we research IntInteg and stick with it, getting CDF'. We told them we will agree to this if they accept to add an incentive - we never seen the response - they have closed the diplomacy forum for us (what shocked us was that it was Googlie's work) , without notifying us or asking for our consent - quite foul action . They notified us about severing communications later - we initially thought forum was down and voiced support for their plea for extension in hope to see their answer - they notified us that they intentionally closed the forum.
                        I don't believe it is sign of war, only attempt to scare us, since Spartans would show utter dumbness in doing so - without mutual cooperation we will fail against others. Luckly, our military production increases from turn to turn for some time already. Some of Spartan key members already did an exact same thing in previous ACDG, shamelessly betraying PEACE and ensuring victory for Hive-Drones - I hope they learn on their mistakes. We advise you not to base your diplomacy with Spartans on a forum administered by Googlie or other Spartans in order to avoid this situation.
                        Also, since Spartans show that they are shameless in their diplomatic dealings, I can propose to High Council violating their embargo on trading Doctrine: Mobility (which they recently requested to be prolonged by a year) and transmit Mobility this very turn to you. We would also appreciate much if you would inform us if Spartans tried to pit you against us.
                        And a bit later:

Ah yes, Spartans have reopened embassy, as we predicted - they are attempting to influence us that we better accept the deal without any incentives.
                        Both posts by Illu.
                        I will respond with an acknowledgement of seeing the message.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I had a look at the tech pathways. If the Spartans want Doc: Loy from us as per earlier message, Soc Psych is a must at this stage. As far as I can see and I will repeat the check again later: on receiving Doc Mob by itself, we will be offered amongst other things Doc: Flex; and if we also receive Doc: Flex but not Soc Psych, we will not be offered Doc: Loy.

Our ideal trades are: receiving Doc Loy from Gaians, with no embargo; agreement with the Spartans on the 3 techs for Doc Loy; receive the 3 techs from Spartans and switch to Adaptive economics; Send Doc Loy to the Spartans and completing Adaptive Econ with 1/2 years left to research.

Meanwhile build crawlers,probes and network nodes furiously.

Ah Bliss,

Hercules awakes from dream.

Comment

• Getting really heavy. I 'll read the Gaians message again.

Comment

• Wouldn't that be the hack of the game? Getting 3 techs from the Spartans, one from the Gaians and trade to and fro what the other needs/wants? Morgan would be proud of us!!
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Whatever we do, I would place stress on not loosing our credibility at any point. There is quite aggresive stance between Gaians and Spartans. Let us not be caught in a CROSSFIRE

At present moment I see the problem with the Command Nexus. Spartans may feel cheated if we make the trade and then it will turn out that we knew Gaians had it, and maybe Gaians completed CN faster than Spartans. It appears Spartans do not know that Gaians have it. If Gaians give green light to releasing Doctrine Loyality to Spartans, then we have an excellent agreement. It is worth of repairing Gaian-Spartan relations to that point.

What do you think?
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X