Infogeneral
    Infosergant
    Infocaptain
    Infoadmiral
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Nah, don't see myself in this. We're hackers, operatives and Info'ers, not regular title seekers.

Of course, feel free to poll it.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• And sent!
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• We need some kind of military after all. If we all are going to trade techs, who's gonna fight if needed.

We will need also other professions:
          infobiologists
          infoentertainers
          infocooks
          or whatever other name there is fitting in it.

I would forgot
          infocrawlerdrivers - licensed ofcourse
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

• Resource hackers (crawler crew)
            Covert Commando's.
            Infiltrators (the second part of my diplo title atm)
            Infoentertainers --> Info'tainers perhaps? sounds more anarchistic.
            BioSplicers!! (from Gene Splicing).
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Biosplicers,
              Genehackers?
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

• Hey, now that I think of it, the abbrative CoCo's (for Covert Commando's) might bring a smile on a certain mod of the ACDG.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Gene Hackman
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• A response of the Spartan Recording Officer, Googlie.
                    (and btw, Mart, they do see themself as a Junta appearantly )

To: InfoTrader GeoModder

We are pleased to finally have contact with the Data Angels

Although not the spokesofficer of the Sparta Federation that you will be customarily dealing with (that honour is accorded to our Officer Commanding Diplomacy, Major Kassiopeia) I have taken the liberty of replying in order to direct your attention to a Virtual Embassy we established in anticipation of this historic occasion.

It's url can be found here:

Create a free forum & free message board in seconds. Aimoo provides the most fast and simple way to fully customize your free forum skin, upload images & videos with unlimited disk space.

and its password is:

jazzfest

I do drop in there from time to time, and look forward to our virtual meeting there in the near future.

Lt. Colonel Googlie
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I'm in, Googlie has set up a base frame. Only me, Kassi and Googlie are in atm.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• First message from the Spartans, it's rather enlighting regarding the Gaians (if it is true, of course).

Thank you, Lieutenant Colonel. I'm Major Kassiopeia, the Senior Diplomatic Officer, and all official business will be conducted through me. The Junta has high hopes for our future as trade partners.

The first order of business is, naturally, the establishment of a Treaty of Friendship. Standard procedure of the Federation is to start things with a temporary treaty. The reason for this is that we find treaties and agreements of peace a liability to our isolationist policy, since they promote carelessness and factions taking advantage of each other in a most dishonourable manner.

Thus we propose that we sign a Treaty, but a temporary one, that lasts for a duration of five years. After five years we can, if the Datatech faction has proven itself to be deserving of our trust, as we will prove ourselves deserving of yours, the Treaty can be extended further.

Our analysts believe that you are in possession of a technology called High Energy Chemistry. If this is the case, we would be interested in acquiring it from you.

I'd also like to ask - did the Gaian Union sell you our commlink? We were sold yours, so it occurred to me that it's possible they've "double charged" us - after all, only one party needs to have the frequency to contact the other. Yet they sold you ours and us yours on the same turn. Is the case?
                        So, does this mean then that IF we trade Doc:Mob from the Spartans we don't have to forward Doc:Flex to the Gaians?
                        Just a thought...

I suppose that, as with the Gaians, we tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing else then the truth.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Posted this in the Spartan diplo thread:

Greetings, major Kassiopeia

It is remarkable how our first communications already show an openness from the Spartan side we did not expect, but it also opens some questions.

Firstly, the 5 year temporary Treaty term you are talking about.
                          Does this mean that in the diplomatic box a Peace Treaty is offered and accepted by both parties which is in case one faction doesn't find the other trustworthy simply disables it or did you mean that we work around the diplomatic box (keeping things as a truce) and have a gentleman's agreement Treaty?

On the matter of the comlink I have to confirm your suspicion. We acquired yours by the Gaians, and offered quite some valuables for it. They seem more free market oriented then one should suspect.

Regarding the question about High Energy Chemistry, may I inquire why it is your analists believe we are in the possession of aforementioned technology?

IT GeoModder
                          Last edited by GeoModder; October 17, 2004, 15:36.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• That acutally kind of ticks me off... re: the greens. Getting played like that, if it's true.

Wish there was a way to confirm it, either way.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Had some offline conversation with Maniac. The Spartans are pretty willing to trade (things like Doc:Flex, Gene Splicing, Nonl-Math and so on).

They seem to think that we have (or are researching) High Energy Chemistry for we have Applied Physics.

So will we try to trade Doc: Flex from them (within the next 5 years) and change our current research?
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• How about getting Doc Flex from spartans
                                Leave Mobility researching now
                                Get mobility from Gaians in 5 turns
                                Switch to something else then - no penalty - give Doc Flex to Gaians for their mobility, we will then have a new tech of our own choice
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X