• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok for me.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• And FlameFlash responded positively in a PM as well. Looks like I can give it a thumbs up on the Gaians.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• btw I may have missed all this Eventis stuff. Have we a private Gaian / Data Angels forum or what. If yes then let me (us) know how to get access,
        (I think I am registered there) though I have no intention of interceding. We have only one Infotrader and best to keep it that way, but I am thinking of the time when Geo is away.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Yes, there is a private diplomacy forum for us.
          Simply ask Drogue (when he's back) to give you access.

Sofar, I haven't bothered putting all the messages inhere, only the highlights.

Besides, in two turns the InfoTrader job will be even busier I guess.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Just saw this in the 'Research Treaty' thread on Eventis. Appearantly they made a deal with the Spartans. Seems like we're outtraded atm.

We are now in possesion of Doctrine: Mobility and Gene Splicing. We have are researching Social Psych and will be complete in 2147.
            I've asked when they will transfer Doc:Mob to us so we can switch to Doc:Flex
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The Gaian map of our land

As you see, they didn't went very far.
              Attached Files
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• No they didn't

Posted in the research thread before I saw this.

Comment

• Illu did try to disguise the point at which they entered our land though. Noticed the 'grid' is missing in the black area NE of the strongest Fungal Tower?
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
                    Illu did try to disguise the point at which they entered our land though. Noticed the 'grid' is missing in the black area NE of the strongest Fungal Tower?
                    Kind of amusing. Annoying for them to purposefully be misleading as well though...
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Oh, fair is fair. I've given 'hints' as well to put them on the wrong track for their presumptions on us.
                      Don't worry though, I live up our cont(r)acts to the letter.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 'kay, turn received, comlink received, time for a draft towards the Spartans I guess.

How about this:

Greetings, members of the Spartan Junta,

If necessary, my apologies for barging in on your private com channels like this. It is purely for efficiency reasons, and to cut some time of perhaps long conversations. I doubt the Spartan Command structure will object to either reason.

To introduce myself: I am InfoTrader GeoModder of the Data Angels and at the moment the liason for talkings with other factions on Planet. Both our factions survided Planetfall and thrived sofar, thus for better or worse we have to get along.

We of the Angels prefer to keep things on a friendly basis and perhaps even trade interesting hardware en information on eachother. Time will tell of course.

Time to wrap up this introduction, feel free to drop a message back with perhaps some info on how the Spartans see this contact and to create an efficient diplomacy channel with the right person on the other side.

IT GeoModder
                        Don't stagger, I know how it sounds.
                        Frankly, I think this is the best way to approach the Spartans for how they come over sofar in public.
                        I intend to dump it to five or so Spartans simultaniously (the ones I observed most posting lately).

Comments?
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Yeah OK I can live with that.
                          Maybe make yourself more militarly important, like Infotrader (your equilvalent of diplomat) Colonel GeoModder.

Change 'wrap up' to 'end this introduction'
                          Change 'en information on eachother' to 'and information on each other'

Comment

• Junta? is this how they recognize themselves?
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

• Herc: Corrections made. But I think it's better to keep our own title setup, no need to change it to whatever faction we encounter. Don't like to come over as a copycat to them.
                              Mart: You have a point, I don't have time to confirm this atm so I change it to 'faction'.

Greetings, members of the Spartan faction,

If necessary, my apologies for barging in on your private com channels like this. It is purely for efficiency reasons, and to cut some time of perhaps long conversations. I doubt the Spartan Command structure will object to either reason.

To introduce myself: I am InfoTrader GeoModder of the Data Angels and at the moment the liason for talkings with other factions on Planet. Both our factions survided Planetfall and thrived sofar, thus for better or worse we have to get along.

We of the Angels prefer to keep things on a friendly basis and perhaps even trade interesting hardware and information on eachother. Time will tell of course.

Time to end this introduction, feel free to drop a message back with perhaps some info on how the Spartans see this contact and to create an efficient diplomacy channel with the right person on the other side.

IT GeoModder
                              I sent the above, and finish the turn in 18 hours or so.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Maybe we should develop our own military gradation system.

Infocolonel

sounds somewhat ok
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X