No announcement yet.

MAP: Marla's Earth Map - 204x256

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salamanca's location is incredibly near Toronto... Aztecs starts in the future Mexico City location... To me Iroquois are a hidden way to add canadians to the game without doing so. By the way, I was surprised when I "discovered" America in a game to see that Iroquois develloped in Canada and Americans in the US, that's how I thought about it.

Well LotC, you talked about posting your changes on your webspace, how can I go there? can you send it on my mail please?
    marla_singer_13@yahoo.com

Comment

Unoffical v1.09 using Mortioso's CivBreed rather than Civ3CopyTool

The Zip attached below contain's Marla's 1.085 Map and Mortioso's CivBreed 0.45 Utility.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Extract files to your Civilization directory
      2. Start new scenario game with Marla's Map
      3. Save game as "FIX.SAV"
      4. Run the file "RUN_THIS.BAT" in your saves directory
      5. Load up "FIXED.SAV"
      6. Play!

My apologies to Gramphos I crawled all over your Civ3CopyTool thread, installed numerous VB runtimes and OCX files and it still would not work on my XP system so I decided to find a better way

EDIT: Removed... see top of this thread for the latest version
      Last edited by Vonotar; December 12, 2001, 08:14.
      "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
      AIM/YAHOO: Vonotar1975 MSN/EMAIL: vonotar@lastlands.org ICQ: 123236923

Comment

Version 1.10 now online !!!

So, what has been changed in that version ?

improvements from 1.08 to 1.10

- Several changes proposed by Scipio Africanu has been added:
        o Desert in western india is now on the map.
        o Mountains on eastern Siberia has been improved for more accuracy and in the same way to avoid asian civilizations to settle great cities there.
        o Same thing with northern Alaska.
        o Gold has been added near Tenochtitlan and in the former Inca territory.

- Iroquois starting location:
        o It has been put one tile more on the north to not "eat" Washington area (changes in marla.cpf to have iroquois correct starting locations has also been made).
        o Canada's great lakes region has been improved cause iroquois were too disadvantaged compared to americans.

- More city names have been added, some Leaders have been changed (thanx to Sevorak and Iamchinese).

- The readme has been remade to be clearer and to regroup all little files in only one (except marla.cpf).

- Patagonia has been improved.
        - Frazer River has been added and other changes from LotC in ressources has been made.
        - Other smaller changes has been made with ressources and terrain.

Comment

Vonotar

I've tested your way to put locations (using civbreed)

Ok, the thing you haven't explained is that we must create folders to make it work:
          1- Inside the Civ3 folder, we must create a folder called: EXTRAS
          2- Inside the Extras folder, we must create two folders: MARLAMAP and CIVBREED

After, we must put each files in the good folder:
          1- Civbreed and its readme in the CIVBREED folder
          2- Marlamap.c3b in the MARLAMAP folder
          3- run_this.bat in the SAVES folder
          4- Marla.bic and its readme in the SCENARIOS folder

Ok, then, everything seems to work well.
          I think there's a way to create a file where you just have to click on it to create automatically folders and put the right files in there... I think it would be smart to apply this (if it's possible)

For now, I'm sorry but I'll remain on the copytool... I'll certainly put a link to your file in the readme for people who doesn't succeed to make Copy Tool works. But I advise you to write in the readme file that story about folders, cause it took me a bit time to understand it (ok, I hate dos.... I'm not a programmer!)

Thanx again for your efforts and your support... The readme file you've made looks great even if Marla Singer is really written big on it !
          Thanx by the way to correct my mistakes !!!

Comment

Okay, so here's where we are:

There's 2 ways to to put civs back to their correct locations

I would like to know what's your advice about which one is the easiest and the most simple to use (Civbreed or Copy Tool).

So if people have trouble with copy tool or don't like civbreed or the opposite, it would be really great to tell it in here.
            Thanx to do so.

Comment

Hey
              I don't mean to be a party pooper but you are missing the Kareli Islands I hope you don't have anything personal against the Kareli Islands They are pretty nice islands They are located north east of japan You are also missing the O. Vrangel'a located north east Russia (island). You see that I have to nit-pick on the small details because everything else is there? Oh, and according to Europa Universalis, there is gold in Armenia. But I have no other source for confirmation.

Vincentz!
              This might or might not be a signature

Comment

For some time reasons, I didn't played on your map yet (neither any map). But I just woundered: are fish ressources already placed correspondingly?
                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Don't touch SA... By friday, my school will be over and i promise to download the map and check SA, including resources.

One minor question, are horses only in Europe or in America as well?
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, thing is "ä" "ü" "ö" and those other silly german letters won't work in the game, at least not on every Computer, I think.
                    I really hate those letters! And btw I am from Germany.
                    I *would* argue about the German civilization calling their cities by the english name. ;-)
                    But then - what about the Aztecs or the Chinese ;-). So leave those well-known names (Munich, Cologne and Nuremberg)
                    I didn't know about Mayence being Mainz - but maybe Mainz would be really better (in this case)
                    Oh, and remove Potsdam one time, its in there 2 times now, cause I removed Brandenburg...

Comment

I am somewhat unhappy with the names of german cities, even after the "city patch".
                      Here are my comments for german citynames, and a revised citylist.
                      Maybe you can include it in your (excellent) map?

city - comment

Berlin
                      Leipzig
                      Hamburg
                      Konigsberg - Koenigsberg, now located in Russia, but true german city
                      Frankfurt
                      Munich - german spelling: Muenchen
                      Heidelburg - Heidelberg, wrong spelling since civ1 I think
                      Nuremberg - german spelling: Nuernberg
                      Cologne - german spelling: Koeln
                      Hannover
                      Bremen
                      Stuttgart
                      Bonn
                      Salzburg - Austrian city, moved down the list
                      Dortmund
                      Brandenburg - actually a state, replaced by Potsdam
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Danzig - now located in poland, but formerly german
                      sseldorf - correct german spelling: Duesseldorf
                      Duisburg
                      Dresden
                      Bochum
                      Mayence - I have no idea what this is, maybe in france? removed it!
                      Wuppertal
                      Sarbr - correct german spelling: Saarbruecken
                      Mannheim
                      Wiesbaden
                      Leverkusen
                      Potsdam
                      Schwerin
                      Kiel
                      Magdeburg
                      Erfurt
                      Essen
                      Lubeck -correct german spelling: Luebeck
                      Innsbruck - Austrian city, but okay
                      Augsburg
                      Pilsen - formerly german, now in Czechia (how do you write that?)
                      Rostock
                      Luzern - Swiss city, never german, removed it
                      Stettin - formerly german, now Poland, left it
                      Breslau - formerly german, now Poland, left it
                      Bamberg
                      Plauen
                      Zwickau
                      Aachen
                      Cottbus
                      Bautzen
                      Schwerin
                      Tossens - I never heard of that, removed it
                      Rastatt - Not important enough, removed it
                      Karlsruhe
                      Apolda
                      Fulda
                      Wolfsburg
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

German Cities revised (some have different spelling in german but I left
                      the english spelling) I choosed a slightly different order

Berlin
                      Leipzig
                      Hamburg
                      Frankfurt
                      Munich
                      Heidelberg
                      Nuremberg
                      Cologne
                      Hannover
                      Bremen
                      Stuttgart
                      Dortmund
                      Potsdam
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Dresden
                      Danzig
                      Kassel
                      Koblenz
                      Worms
                      Fulda
                      Muenster
                      Duesseldorf
                      Aachen
                      Duisburg
                      Bonn
                      Saarbruecken
                      Mannheim
                      Wiesbaden
                      Freiburg
                      Bayreuth
                      Wuerzburg
                      Regensburg
                      Konstanz
                      Potsdam
                      Schwerin
                      Rostock
                      Kiel
                      Magdeburg
                      Erfurt
                      Weimar
                      Jena
                      Halle
                      Chemnitz
                      Essen
                      Luebeck
                      Salzburg
                      Innsbruck
                      Augsburg
                      Mainz
                      Pilsen
                      Stettin
                      Posen
                      Breslau
                      Bamberg
                      Plauen
                      Zwickau
                      Cottbus
                      Schwerin
                      Greifswald
                      Dessau
                      Karlsruhe
                      Braunschweig
                      Flensburg
                      Bochum
                      Wuppertal
                      Leverkusen
                      Ingolstadt
                      Wolfsburg
                      Apolda
                      Bautzen

Comment

ok ok, I must agree with you, I haven't checked every german city names... Actually, I'm not happy about french names either... I would put most important cities at firsts but the game approach is more historical so I let Orléans and Tours even if they are towns today.

Well, Don't remove Mayence!!! it's the english name of Mainz !! My boyfriend lives there, I care about it
                        As the game is in english, I think it's better to put english names instead of german. Now you can argue about why München (and not muenchen where have you found that?) is the right name and Munich nothing to you....

Well I'll add your list to the game, I'll do some research for the names you didn't translate... I guess I'll put Mayence a bit upper . You're lucky he's in Germany, I have nothing else to do than the map while I'm waiting his return !

Comment

PREVIEW: Okay so for the latest news Vonotar is creating a self extractor .exe file that will automatically put every files in their correct folders. This way, you won't need anymore a messy civ3 folder to get each civs at their correct locations and it will be even more easier to do so.
                          Actually, We'll just have to go on the start menu and click on "put these damn' civs in their correct locations". This way, we won't need anymore to quit civ3 to get it.

You just save your game in 4000 BC calling it FIX => you click on the button I've told about => you load the FIXED game.

NOTE: the start menu button on the keyboard allows us to go in the start menu during the game.

Comment

Marla,

Great job on the map !, however on the version of your map that tried there was no fish in large numbers near Newfoundland, Canada or New England. Cod Fish was one of the main (and first) resources to draw attention to Newfoundland and the surronding area. The Fish industry while not near as large and important as it used to be still exists in those areas today. To reflect the orignal conditions of the fishstocks in the area, some fish should be added, in my opinion.

Anyway great job on the map and I look forward to all future versions.

Comment

WoW cool Map, seems like the best earth map yet. Also including the positions of the resources in the download was a really good idea.

Anyway I noticed people seem to be asking about the re-positioning of some resources. So I did a bit of searching and found an old geography book of mine which shows nearly all the world placings of civ strategic resources.

Heres a pic (i tried to attach don't know if it worked), sadly I don't have a scanner so I had to use a digital camera to get the pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I also have much more detailed maps which show the individual placements of things like gold and iron ore which i could post if you like - Up to You

Lenius

Comment

Working...
                                X