Dissapearing rescorces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadBob
    As to the workers, i have a stack of 6 workers and i want them to clean up damage. Is there a way to have them all do it with out hitting the clean damage button for all 6?
    Hitting shift-c for all of them

Comment

Also does anyone know whats up with dammage ratings?

#1 - why can a jet shoot down a stelth ftr/bomber? I thought stelth was that you couldnt see then until it already bombed you. Its like an early 1950's jet shooting down a the newist 2004 stelth ftr.

#2 - why can a 1500's gallien sink a nuclar sub? while only taking 2 hits? I mean our sub nedges a fishing trawler and sinks it - and only scrapes the subs paint.

#3 How is a ToW unit w/one hit point left able to destroy an Elite ModernArmor with no damage?

#4 - How is it possable for a state of the art AGAIS Crusier to miss all the time? I mean a city square is hard to miss.I have 12 modern ships (AGAIS cruisers, Battleships and Destroyers) and hit the city / units once a turn! thats 1 out of 12 shots hitting! (rader alteriy has a slightly better ratio) its taking forever to bomb some of these citys.

These things just dont seam right to me.
      "Si hoc obstat, dejectum sit - If its in the way let it be knocked down."
      >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

#1 - why can a jet shoot down a stelth ftr/bomber? I thought stelth was that you couldnt see then until it already bombed you. Its like an early 1950's jet shooting down a the newist 2004 stelth ftr.

Stealth simply decreases (drastically) the chance of interception.

#2 - why can a 1500's gallien sink a nuclar sub? while only taking 2 hits? I mean our sub nedges a fishing trawler and sinks it - and only scrapes the subs paint.

Because it's a game based on probabilities. A Galleon won't sink a nuclear sub often, just vary rarely. Assuming both are veteran, the chance is something like 1 in every 625 combats.

Comment

Ive lost 2 nuclar subs to gallions so far. Any ideas on the other questions?
          >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

It's all probability.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

It's the RNG. If you play long enough, you'll see an unfortified barbarian 1hp warrior on grassland defeat a full hp 4-MA army bonused by the Mil. Academy while playing chieftain. The chances, however, are merely 1.3*10^-51.

Comment

It just seams that the problities are against me!
                >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

That's because the mind automatically makes uncommon events seem more dangerous/likely than the really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

It's the RNG. If you play long enough, you'll see an unfortified barbarian 1hp warrior on grassland defeat a full hp 4-MA army bonused by the Mil. Academy while playing chieftain. The chances, however, are merely 1.3*10^-51.
                    you mentioned that before. I still say it's impossible.

personally, I can't stand the random number generator in this game. But I put up with it for some reason.

Comment

you mentioned that before. I still say it's impossible.

It's quite possible. Just highly unlikely. Just like my entire body, enough air to fill a large room, and enough random subatomic particles enough to create such a room could simultaneously quantum tunnel to the surface of the moon, then quantum tunnel back to their original locations, is quite possible. Merely unlikely.

Comment

Badbob

I know what you are saying....I have once lost 5 Veteran archers to one spearman, who was made elite and given a Leader as a result.

I was so shocked that I simply turned of the computer and started counting to ten!

-Ron
                        "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. " Voltaires

Comment

Yeah, that sort of thing is what I usually do after something unbelievable happens.

Comment

Just to clarify what I said earlier -- if you go to the help page for the Natural Resources Page and click on Disappearance Probability, it says "Note this value is not influenced by use; a resource can disappear even if a civilization has never used the resource".

I take this to mean that the disappearance routine is run on every resource, whether a civ owns it or not.

Anyone know how to test this?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Me - I just bomb the s*** out of them! As to the resources - I now own 75% of the land mass (2 civs taken over), so there is only 2 resources in another country and as soon as i restock my forces - ill have thoes too!
                              >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                                Just to clarify what I said earlier -- if you go to the help page for the Natural Resources Page and click on Disappearance Probability, it says "Note this value is not influenced by use; a resource can disappear even if a civilization has never used the resource".

I take this to mean that the disappearance routine is run on every resource, whether a civ owns it or not.

Anyone know how to test this?
                                Play a game, leave a resource out of everyone's borders, and watch it for a few millenia.

Comment

Working...
                                X